Need Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
squee247
Need Help

Hi There,

I have one Bearded Dragon under 1 Yr Old. I am wanting to learn what gender my dragon is but have no idea how to tell. Can Someone help me me out with that. I am also wondering how to tell what species it is. Thank you in advanced for all of your help. I can post pics if that will help just let me know.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Rud3Bwoy
youtube for sex that's where i went

Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Videos will definitely help, alot of good resources out there. If still unable if you take a picture holding tail as described:

http://www.thedragonspot.com/sexing-...earded-dragon/

Im sure one of us can identify gender.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
Ed Clark
A male at 1 year will be black bearding and head bobbing

post some pics.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
squee247
Here are a couple pictures of my dragon hope this helps
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
squee247
Sorry about the first picture i took it wrong. I visited that site and my dragon is actually a male and not a female like i had thought. but if someone could help me with finding out what morph he is that would be great.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
jellyfishrhythm
"Morph" can only be determined if you know who the parents are and what they are genetically. He looks like a fancy normal, a beautiful one! When you say "morph", you generally refer to whether it's translucent, hypomelanistic, or varying degrees of "leatherback" - these all refer to scale pattern and pigmentation, not necessarily "color". Color is secondary, meaning you could easily have "citrus hypo-translucent leatherbacks" or "red hypo-translucent leatherbacks" -- same expressed polymorphism ("Morph") combination, different color phases. Just from looking at his patterns, he's probably got citrus tiger in his lineage. Soft yellow coloration, subtle purple sidebars, give that indication. He's not hypo, he's not trans, and he's not a leatherback - and to know if he's heterozygous for any of those mutations (meaning he carries the polymorphism, it just isn't expressed), you'd have to know more about his parents. He looks great though, healthy and happy! You've got a lovely dragon :-)

Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
squee247
Thank you very much. As far as knowing who is parents are, I have no way to tell. He was purchased around this time last year from Petco. They do keep there reptiles healthy, but really have no one that works there that is really knowledgeable with the reptiles.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
jellyfishrhythm
Yeah...sadly, that happens a lot at chain pet stores. Good thing you got him outta there, right? He looks awesome, I hope you're enjoying him!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
squee247
I do enjoy it, he is such nice company. He gets up with me in the morning and eats whenever i eat. Very laid back and is finally starting to let me hold him and relax on my chest. I hope to get more in the future.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!