New Rack Purchase Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
mgoblue347
New Rack Purchase Question

I was wondering what you guys suggested. I looked at some old threads but didn't really see the answers I was looking for. The rack is for my four females, they are all between 1000 and 1500 grams and I am going to want to be breeding them in these racks. They are all in 32qts now.

My choices are the AP 4 high Iris CB(70). What do you guys prefer, I've heard good things on dual side radiant, or is belly heat preferred?

The AP 1860/1960(4) 4Tubs 41qt with back heat/belly heat.

Also, I was checking out the Economy racks but I foresee heat and humidity problems with the open design.

OR, if anyone has any other suggestions on other AP racks, all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for everyone's insight.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
mgoblue347
Also open to Reptile Basic racks due to the fact that they come with the tubs which saves me the hassle of finding them

Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
hhmoore
Everybody I know that has used the AP dual side heating has reported positively on it. I'm sure they would put it on the 4 high rack...if it doesn't show on the website, email or call them.
My AP racks all have the cable (belly) heat. I have never had a problem, and I purchased my first group of AP racks 7 yrs ago. (Well, one cable was defective, and stopped working within 2 weeks; but AP replaced it).
The economy rack will not adversely impact f...but it can effect heating depending on the temperature of the room.

CB70 vs 1960: the CB70 has a flat bottom - easier for cleaning. The Sterilite 1960 is available at Walmart and Target, and is a little taller. Convenience has won out for me, so far....if I was going to go with a CB70 rack, I would probably buy Vision tubs.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
mgoblue347
Thank you very much for your opinion Harald

Old 10-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
snakesRkewl
Belly heat under one end of a cb-70 tub is how I have my adults and the only way I'm comfortable breeding in.
It gives the females plenty of cool end to escape the heat during follicle growth.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
mgoblue347
Thanks Jerry! I appreciate the insight.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Willow
I have AP dual side heat on my breeder rack and its my all time fave. I plan to replace my other 2 racks with dual side racks when I can afford to. The heat works beautifully and it makes me feel a little better knowing that they cannot sit directly on the heat tape in case something goes wrong. I'm paranoid like that haha.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
mgoblue347
Thanks Willow! With the dual side do you notice any fluctuation in your cool end from your hot end? Or is it pretty similar to belly heat?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
Willow
it has a really great gradient....and holds temps really well. Haven't noticed any unnecessary fluctuations.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The economy rack will not adversely impact f...but it can effect heating depending on the temperature of the room.
Hmmm - I'd like to blame that typo on my phone because I know at one point that said "impact the humidity"...oddly, I'm not sure what I was trying to edit, or where the f came from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!