Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 39 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #381
JCCS
The issue is, they didn't ask for those replacements now, they immediately asked for those replacements, so there was not time lost when those requests were made. And there was much less trauma at that point. The other two parties tried to blackmail Andrew into giving up the nicer animals under threats of being dishonest about what happened and having the very emotional picture displayed on this thread. Demanding unfair compensation under threat of harm, I don't know if you have looked up the definition of blackmail, but that pretty well takes care of it.

Andrew did not handle himself or this situation properly, and has shown himself to be petty and spiteful in this situation. However, I still stand by my belief that if the uninvolved parties had remained uninvolved, the OP would have been made happy immediately.

Chris

Old 05-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #382
chaosaffect
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
The issue is, they didn't ask for those replacements now, they immediately asked for those replacements, so there was not time lost when those requests were made. And there was much less trauma at that point. The other two parties tried to blackmail Andrew into giving up the nicer animals under threats of being dishonest about what happened and having the very emotional picture displayed on this thread. Demanding unfair compensation under threat of harm, I don't know if you have looked up the definition of blackmail, but that pretty well takes care of it.

Andrew did not handle himself or this situation properly, and has shown himself to be petty and spiteful in this situation. However, I still stand by my belief that if the uninvolved parties had remained uninvolved, the OP would have been made happy immediately.

Chris
Oh, there's no doubt that if the other two hadn't gotten involved it would've gone differently. I don't totally buy Andrew's reasoning, though. In the end he lost both his money and his reputation. Heavy price to pay for stubbornness.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #383
Warren_Booth
Chris,
I have to disagree with you a little here. Regardless of other parties, Andrew had a simply way to make this right. A refund. If he did not want to send another animal of equal or better quality, a refund should have been sent. It is likely that he spent the money very quickly after getting it, and hence was unable to refund. In that case, bite the bullet and send a new animal or equal or better quality. If this issue happened with me, that is exactly what I would do. I would ignore other parties that were no involved, and simply send a replacement or a refund. Andrew has shown his true colors here, and as a result I personally would never buy from him, and I would never recommend others to do so either. It's very disappointing to see someone destroy their reputation over something like this, especially as they have profited rather well from Aztecs and could easily have replaced that animal. Very poor business ethics.

Warren

Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #384
crotalusadamanteus
I have to agree with what Warren said. It would be no different than if I did a transaction with someone, there a problem, and I didn't honor my guarantee because some 3rd party mouthed off to me.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #385
JCCS
Warren, Rick, I don't believe you got the full meaning of my reply. Andrew completely screwed this whole thing up. I talked to him on the phone several times to try to get him to give a refund. That does not change that before Andrew even had time to do what was right, these guys attempted to blackmail him. My only point in replying was to clarify that there was, in fact, attempted blackmail on the third party's part.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #386
crotalusadamanteus
I wasn't disagreeing with you Chris. My point was, it wasn't the BUYER that was doing the black mailing, it was third parties. So Andrew should have never treated the buyer that way.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #387
Corey Woods
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Look at the link, Kevin left which shows the time line of proceedings in the court case.

Andrew Potts eventually accepted a default judgement in which case Kevin was aware the maximum he could claim; 5000.00.

This covers the animal and shipping, but I'm sure Kevin is still out on legal fees. Either way, he got what he set out for and I'm glad he saw it through to the end. Unfortunately, I doubt Potts has learned anything from this.
Yes, I could see that. I want to know if Kevin ever actually physically received the money awarded in the judgement. If so was it paid to him in a lump sum or did he have to put a lien on his propery, did he have to garnesh wages?

Only Kevin can answer those questions.
Corey

Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #388
ShadowAceD
And Kevin expressed a disinterest of remaining in the hobby following this ordeal, so I doubt he will respond.

Potts has the money and it will have or will get to Kevin one way or another, but how is up for speculation. I imagine had Kevin not gotten the money though, he would have commented here.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #389
chodmcblob707070
So wait, has anyone heard anything from Kevin, I started reading and I just want to know if the right thing was done?????

Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #390
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodmcblob707070 View Post
So wait, has anyone heard anything from Kevin, I started reading and I just want to know if the right thing was done?????
Once again, a few pages back, there is a link that Kevin posted. This link leads to the documentation for the time line of the proceedings.

The judgment ultimately defaulted in Kevin's favor for the maximum 5K he could claim.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!