**HELP**Best way to house a lot of Snakes...??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-15-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
svtuon
**HELP**Best way to house a lot of Snakes...???

hey.. im running out of room becuase ppl donate thier tanks n stuff to me so i house all my snakes in them. im running out of room. so i was wondering.. what would be the best way to house many snakes. i was thinkin about racks but i have several carpet pythons, brazilian rainbows, boa constrictors. and if racks are the best way.. how would i make them from stuff at home depot and how would i heat them? please any and as much info is very much appreciated. thanks.

santho t..

Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
wcreptiles
I can't say if racks are the best way to house carpet pythons, Brazilian rainbows and boa constrictors, especially adults. I personally would use cages for adults. Racks should be fine for young animals.

You may find the below information useful.

Clay Davenport's site has a lot of useful information about rack and cage building. http://www.arbreptiles.com/

John Hollister's site also has some helpful tips on cage and rack building. http://www.herpo.com/

If you Google "reptile cage building" you will get the above two sites plus many others.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
hhmoore
Agreed, with that group of animals, the feasibilty of using a rack depends on the size of the animal. That said, I do have a rack that houses the huge sterilites (approx 52x21x14), so it can be done...then again, I am seriously considering pulling the shelves and putting in a group of 4x2x1 cages.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
svtuon
yea i was really considering building cages vs racks. plus i think the cages would look a lot better... im just worried its not going to turn out well because im not a really good carpenter or craftsmen.. haha... but who knows.. it juss might be fun.. thanks for the input really appreciate it..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!