Bad Guy Bruce McElyea SCAM - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
iamjcal
Bruce McElyea SCAM

My father (Grady Calhoun) and I are currently having Bruce McElyea try to scam us. Screen shots will follow for details but here is the concise version. He contacted us about purchasing some mainland chahoua or trading for various leachianus. His leachianus information seemed inflated or possibly suspect so I did BOI search. I must have typoed in some way because I failed to find his previous negative BOI here on fauna. Definitely a costly mistake for not checking twice.

When looking at the email evidence, you may notice that the name on the email account is Grady Calhoun. As previously stated, he is my father and we share an email account to streamline our sales.

He first agreed to purchase one chahoua hatchling, but after a second became available he decided to purchase two. They were paid for in two payments via invoice on paypal.

We agreed to ship on October 16th 2017 for arrival on the 17th via SYR. He was sent a tracking number via SYR's fedex tracking service.

On the 17th, I was notified that the package was left at the door so I immediately contacted Bruce but he failed to respond. I was at work and an hour later, attempted contact again with no success.

Today (October 22), he is claiming that the package arrived but the deli cups were empty. He has had no contact prior to today. I believe that he wants two new hatchlings and not money, but we refuse to send either. While he was previously prone to typos, this most recent message is especially difficult to understand as if it is suddenly broken English or from under the effects of chemical substance.

The next few posts I will submit our email exchanges. Thanks
Justin Calhoun

As a side note, I do not know if it is appropriate for me to ask for help via PM if someone has experience dealing with scams like these to ensure that my money isnt stolen back, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
iamjcal
First 4
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
iamjcal
Second 4
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
iamjcal
Third 4
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
iamjcal
Fourth. Edited his address out
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #6
iamjcal
final communication to Bruce
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
iamjcal
He has responded to me and still seems very hard to understand.

The first response was in line with the message for his to respond on the 17th as if he was trying to go back in time and respond I think.

The second is hard to understand and I was to use the third fedex to show that it wasnt even listed as delivered until after he claims he got the box.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
This is why I always require a signature when I ship animals, at least you would know he signed for them if you had.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
iamjcal
Not sure that would help here. He claims to have received a box just no animals in it.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
iamjcal
Except it wasnt an empty box until five days after arrival.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!