I'm so glad I found this forum! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
BalloonzForU
I'm so glad I found this forum!

I still visit some of the other forums daily and check to see what dumb things are being told to newbies. And it just makes me so happy I found this forum to bring back some sanity to my life.

I can't believe that some people are giving out false info and claiming to have 11 years of experience. This one person is saying that housing males together from babies to adults is fine. I agree that "sometimes" they will not fight if a female is NEVER introduced to either, but to promote it and not warn them that they could start fighting at any time? Telling people to use Desert Blend that it has crushed walnut and that a Leos can digest it, when it fact it's crushed walnut SHELL and no a Leo can't digest it. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG

Fauna take me away!!!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
USAGECKOS
I don't even go to the "Other" forum anymore. I stick around right here, and occassionally check out Herp-Portal and The Rhac Forum

Old 03-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
I'm so glad I found this forum!
I'm glad you found this forum, too!!! I think there is just about the best collection of Leopard Gecko experts here that you could ever find (you included!) I feel at home here, and have made many treasured friends at Fauna.

I used to think I could 'save' every ill-fated gecko from certain death on many of the other forums by reading and responding to the threads that contained bad advise. I felt like an Evangelist Missionary for the 'truth', and was spending the greater part of the day online... frustrated and worried. I think that newbies on other forums deserve the best information possible, so perhaps the best way we can help is to direct them here.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
ByRandom
Yes, I do praise Rich.

The "Other Forum" is pretty much like this:

Old 03-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
The NY Gecko
while I may not now what this "other forum" you speak of is, I'll assume you mean repticzone or herpportal. Both have somewhat lost my will to go there often. I am however very greatful I was able to hear about this forum and find it. The people hear are amazing, kind, and relaxed, from big time to small time breeders. I believe I made a post similar to this awhile back. It went from well mannered to downhill due to a certain individual whom shal lremain nameless. Rich, your doing an awesome job of keeping these forums inline, as are the members. Its kind of self-policing in a way.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #6
BalloonzForU
I have told a few people about our little family here and so far Brandy and our newest Kelly have come to join us. I usually feel them out first before I invite them to come here. I don't want to bring trouble makers here, or someone that is not going to be open to the correct way to care for their Leos and only the way the pet stores tell them.

I find a lot of teenage kids on other site that are just clueless but want to know the correct way to take care of their new buddy. With most of them I think their egos get in the way, that I know everything syndrome we all went through at one time in our lives. I would love to see these kids turn out like, Paul, Steve and Tom and be respected in this community. So I share what I can and invite people to come here for great information with many years of experience between all our great breeders here, and pray they come.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
GeckoStud
Yeah fauna is one big party!

arty:

There are so many great people here, all who are friendly and helpful. I enjoy fauna to a high degree and i plan to visit this forum for a long while to come.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
GeckoStud
arty:

Old 03-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoStud
arty:

Hey Derek, I didn't mean to leave you out! Sorry!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
The NY Gecko
Derek, it appears your party face isnt working. lol. Thank you for the kind words felicia, I've learned so much from being here and plan to stay as long as the forums are up. Rich dont you dare close them you devil you!