New grandma-to-be! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
Cat_72
Yeah, knowing I'm not the only not-so-old Gramma out there helps. In fact, the daughter was so worried over what my MIL was going to say....when I told her, she told me that she was a gramma at 37 too. And like Shelly said, it's got to be nice being able to still get out there and do the cool stuff with them as they grow up....though with my back, some days I FEEL like I'm about 82. LOL.

I already got him the cutest little Harley racing jacket you've ever seen.....heh.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
My mum dislikes the term "granny" and "grandma" too (though she's in her mid-40's), so she settled on "nana." We're going to teach the baby to call her "banana."

Congrats! (again)

Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 AM   #13
Cat_72
Thanks (again) Stef, lol.

I've thought about other titles besides "Granny" or "Gramma" orwhatever, and I remembered your talking about "Nana Banana"....and I decided I'd get used to Gramma!

My other half is still getting used to the idea....I don't think he's ready for the "Grampa" title at all yet. I figure it'll take about 14 seconds after the first time he sees the little guy to be OK with it, though.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #14
norsmis
Congrats Cat!!!!!! Here's hoping for a beautiful healthy bouncing baby boy!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
Laura Fopiano
Awww congrats Cat!! I called my grandmother's Mimi and the twins call my mom Maama.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:05 AM   #16
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
er....Cat....
I didn't do it.
Me either.... I've never seen that woman before in my life....

**raises hand**

honest

**looks left... looks right**

Congrats on the new addition. Your guaranteed to spoil him rotton.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
My other half is still getting used to the idea....I don't think he's ready for the "Grampa" title at all yet. I figure it'll take about 14 seconds after the first time he sees the little guy to be OK with it, though.
Tell him "Papa" is a lot easier to handle. Thats what Carter calls me.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
er....Cat....
I didn't do it.
LOL Thats always your excuse!!!

Congrats Cat!!!! ^_^

Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
LadyOhh
Congrats!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 AM   #20
Cat_72
Thanks, all!!

And LOL Kevin, that's what they ALL say....

I'll maybe have to make that suggestion to the ol man, Bill...that might be a little less painful for him!

She keeps reminding me that I'm going to be in the delivery room with her (like I could forget lol), but I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that, however....goodness knows I don't have a weak stomach, I can handle blood and most anything you can throw at me....but this is different....

I think it's way cool that she wants me there, though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!