New grandma-to-be! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
shrap
How did I miss this thread?

CONGRATS GRANNY C!!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #22
johns6068
Congrats Cathy that's awesome

Old 12-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #23
Cat_72
Thanks, guys!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #24
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
She keeps reminding me that I'm going to be in the delivery room with her (like I could forget lol), but I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that, however....goodness knows I don't have a weak stomach, I can handle blood and most anything you can throw at me....but this is different....
The delivery room isn't so bad, Granny C...you'll be holding her hand, or her leg, and not staring at the other happenings (sometimes the smell will smack you hard, though). Just don't go along with ideas of videotaping the event (a lot of places won't allow it anyway, but you'd be surprised at the number of people that WANT to). I guess if you focus on Mom's face to save those expressions forever that would be one thing...but that isn't where people seem to point the thing.

Oh, and don't bring the young'uns....I've seen people with 6-12yr old kids in with them, and somehow they always manage to end up toward the back wall, looking right up worst part of the show. And they all have the same look on their faces. Can you say scarred for life??

Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #25
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The delivery room isn't so bad, Granny C...you'll be holding her hand, or her leg, and not staring at the other happenings (sometimes the smell will smack you hard, though). Just don't go along with ideas of videotaping the event (a lot of places won't allow it anyway, but you'd be surprised at the number of people that WANT to). I guess if you focus on Mom's face to save those expressions forever that would be one thing...but that isn't where people seem to point the thing.

Oh, and don't bring the young'uns....I've seen people with 6-12yr old kids in with them, and somehow they always manage to end up toward the back wall, looking right up worst part of the show. And they all have the same look on their faces. Can you say scarred for life??
It's not really the whole delivery room experience in itself that worries me....it's just the fact that it's MY baby, having A baby. I have dealt with all kinds of gaping wounds and broken bones in human-type critters, and assisted in animal surgeries, gelding, and such and none of it phases me a bit - but when she had to have 2 stitches by her eye when she was 2, I damn near passed out, lol. Hopefully you're right, and I'll be so focused on other goings-on that it won't occur to me to panic or freak out, and will just be able to enjoy the event.

And good lord no, no videotaping!! I guess I've always thought that allowing kids in the delivery room was kinda not right too, but they don't allow it there, so no worries there either. She's not allowed to have more than 2 people actually in the room with her during the delivery.

Thanks, Harald for the "calming" words.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #26
hhmoore
Fingers crossed that it's as easy as possible for both of you.

And if she squeezes too hard, squeeze back...you're still her mother!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Congrats Cathy! As far as the grandma thing, no worries... You still got it!
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!