Cages/tanks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
tstrenuous10
Cages/tanks

I'm interested in getting a new home for my snake and have found boaphile is the only one i can find who makes snake cages. I'm probably looking at a 4' long tank for my snake who is about 28" now and currently living in a 20L tank. If anyone has any reccomendations let me know. I thought I saw one a while ago that had a wood look to it or a slate marble color. Don't remember where I saw it.

Also, what should I get with my new tank? there seem to be so many things that can be added on for a price and I don't know how many of them a ball python would need or anything that would make it easier to get the temps to remain constant year round in the snow.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
Here is a link to some cage manufacturers.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=78555

Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrenuous10
Also, what should I get with my new tank? there seem to be so many things that can be added on for a price and I don't know how many of them a ball python would need or anything that would make it easier to get the temps to remain constant year round in the snow.
I like Animal Plastics products personally, but there are a lot of great manufacturers out there...check out Bill's link.

As for what you should get, I recommend belly heat as #1. They need it for proper thermoregulation and digestion. If you live in a cold area, I'd add an 8" screen opening on the top of one side to add a 50w-75w heat lamp, that way the warm side temperature can reach 90 degrees or so like it should. Because the cage is solidly enclosed, you shouldn't have a problem with heat on the cool side, it should be just enough.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
tstrenuous10
wow there are so many to choose from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!