SHIPYOURREPTILES.com UPdates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:18 AM   #1
bigchin
SHIPYOURREPTILES.com UPdates

Hi there all. I have been using fedex through shipyourreptiles.com and they announced they will allow shipping but "ship at your own risk". Has anyone recently sent an animal out and it didn't arrive or arrived really late? I ordered some things from a big company in FL and everything got here okay 2 or 3 weeks ago. Any thoughts?
Thanks
CK

Old 05-31-2020, 08:01 AM   #2
snowgyre
Shipping services were never really interrupted, I don't use SYR but I use Reptiles Express. I was able to ships snakes out safely with no delay even during the worst of the shutdowns. By now things are fine.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
chrisis697
I received a few animals the end of March & supplies throughout April & may. Also rodents bout once a month. Some of the supplies took a extra day or 2 but all animals were on time.
I also just shipped a pm herps cage 3'X2'X1' from pa to the Bronx, east Elmhurst actually. Sent it out Thursday & it arrived Saturday. I think we are safe to resume shipping but I would watch the hotspots as they may have delays.
Good luck to all this season.
Chris
B and S Pythons/Facebook

Old 05-31-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
James L
I ship regularly using SYR through FedEx. Multiple times in the past couple months. Only on Monday and Tuesday though. Everything has gone smooth for the most part. Boxes may get on a truck a little later then they should have but got to the places they needed to be in a reasonable time. Maybe it didn't make it by 1030am but was there by noon sort of thing. If your sending to an area that's having one of the many issues the US if facing at the moment, just pack appropriately to insure the animals safety and a possible extra day in limbo if the shipping has a delay. Always research the address to where your sending too. Do a quick google search. That will give you insight on how to pack and what sort of situation maybe occurring in the area. Play it safe. Goodluck.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #5
superjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchin View Post
Hi there all. I have been using fedex through shipyourreptiles.com and they announced they will allow shipping but "ship at your own risk". Has anyone recently sent an animal out and it didn't arrive or arrived really late? I ordered some things from a big company in FL and everything got here okay 2 or 3 weeks ago. Any thoughts?
Thanks
CK
I haven't shipped anything out but I did get 3 incoming animal shipments last week.

The UPS shipment came before 10:30am while the 2 FedEx shipments showed up around 3:30pm - 4pm different orders, different days.... well after the 10:30am mark. All animals were fine due to proper packing.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
For me, I had one recent delay out of quite a few outbound shipments that were otherwise on time, but the animals in the delayed package were fine when delivered later in the day and could have been in the box for a week and they would have only been hungry given the packaging, species, and weather in that area. I use RE instead of SYR, btw.

I remain confident in the service provided by FedEx for my needs, assuming I plan and execute things halfway decently on my end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!