Newish Snake Owner - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Khaos
Newish Snake Owner

Hi guys!
so I have already introduced myself over in the new member part of the forums so if you haven't yet said hi HELLO!
anyways so my snake history is very short we (me and the wife) got a garter snake from her brother we had him for a couple of months and one of the children my wife was baby sitting at the time knocked over the small plastic container his ceramic bowl crushed him =( never thought the wife would cry over a snake (when we first got him she didn't even want to touch him lol)
ok so now we are back in the market for a snake without the killer child around lol
I have done many hours of research and got a tank made up ill post a picture in the comments as soon as i figure out how you guys do it on this forum
but the snake I'm ordering from BHBreptiles is
https://www.bhbreptiles.com/collecti...ant=1029970716
I'm kind of hoping the yellow will white out but if not whatever its a pet not a fashion statement =D
can anyone tell me about their experiences with BHBreptiles or can anyone give me more information on this specific type of snake? any first time larger snake owner tips?
I'm basically just googling and scanning these forums for answers and any help is appreciated thank you guys!!!

Old 06-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
phil5245
Hi Justin-
I highly recommend checking out the Midwest reptile Show at the Indiana state fairgrounds.The next show is June 25th. The Hoosier Herpetological Society has a table there. They are some great people with tons of experience, and will be happy to answer all of your questions. They also hold monthly meetings in Indianapolis if you can't make the show.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
Windveil
I'd also highly recommend going to the Midwest Reptile Show! There will be people selling cornsnakes there and you'll save money on shipping if you get one from a local breeder. That snake you shared is also heterozygous for a gene, which means it carries a gene but does not show it. That's of no use to you if you aren't going to breed it, and it raises the price a bit.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
Khaos
Well I honestly think I will breed her eventually I love the idea of having multiple snakes and maybe selling some as long as they go to good owners

Old 06-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
Helenthereef
I think shes a very pretty snake and a good choice. It'll take a while for a baby to get "larger", so I'd suggest short but regular gentle handing sessions to get you all used to it while she's small.

Glad the "Killer kid" is out of the picture!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!