Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 225 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:14 AM   #2241
Akiranar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXandSeven8ths View Post
He's been charged? When did that finally happen? I missed that.
It seems that Michelle's new Lawyer looked over everything and is taking no prisoners. Read the latest pdf that Michelle posted.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #2242
tlmoon
It's amazing that all of this could have been avoided if Ty had simply given Michelle the prize she won. Pretty astounding when you think about it.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #2243
Stender_JA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXandSeven8ths View Post
He's been charged? When did that finally happen? I missed that.
Michelle is counter suing for defamation and claiming damages from Park holding an illegal raffle. The lawyer points out, that according to Florida law, an illegal raffle is punishable with a class 3 felony.

While Park hasn't been charged with one, if Michelle wins her countersuit it could lead to him being charged. I think that's how it works.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #2244
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
It's amazing that all of this could have been avoided if Ty had simply given Michelle the prize she won. Pretty astounding when you think about it.
It's an example of stubbornness and pride, and what can happen when one takes them beyond the point of no return.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #2245
SiXandSeven8ths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stender_JA View Post
Michelle is counter suing for defamation and claiming damages from Park holding an illegal raffle. The lawyer points out, that according to Florida law, an illegal raffle is punishable with a class 3 felony.

While Park hasn't been charged with one, if Michelle wins her countersuit it could lead to him being charged. I think that's how it works.
Thank you, I've only glanced at things from time to time and can't remember what I've read anymore.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #2246
Stephenson8011
I know this has been stated multiple times over and over almost ad naseum but this seems pretty simple to me. I have been in and out of the hobby for the last twenty years and maybe I’m naive but I’ve never heard of Ty Parks before this thread. After reading all of this I would never purchase anything from him and I would encourage all my friends to avoid him as well. Not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of life but I don’t know how some people could even justify claiming that he is in the right here.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #2247
filenamex5100
no matter who is right in this (I lean a particular way myself), it comes down to poor customer service. if ty holds himself as high in the hobby as he claims (and is) made out to be, he should have come to a resolution of some sort before this ballooned into a huge mess.
lets pretend ty was totally right in this and the op was totally wrong.....logic tells me (as a retail manager myself) that something can always be done to everyones satisfaction. to some degree there is resolve. but when you start calling your customer greedy and testing them (even if its warranted), you are creating a barrier that is almost impossible to mend short of giving in totally. sometimes its better to keep your mouth closed and offer resolution. pick your battles if you will. the cost of the tegu had he just given it to her or the runner up money would have been far less than the headache, let alone the financial burden of this.
I had no idea of who ty was prior to this but it would have been nice to a positive thread for him going above and beyond vs what this thread has become. customer service is important in any aspect of moving around money or services and in my opinion ty failed miserably at resolve. I cant fathom a scenario that I would ever end up in court like this in my professional life. perhaps I dread drama enough to be a good guy to begin with and not have to worry about the shadier parts of life that exist for some.
if ty (or anyone that reads this) can learn one simple thing...customer service....they will succeed. this situation is unnecessary for everyone. I commend the op for fighting for what she knows is right. that is unbelievable to me but I give mad props there!!!

we also might want to refrain from "ill never do business with XXXXX". id hate for anything to hurt someones defamation case later on. just a though.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #2248
Lucille
[quote=filenamex5100;2057207

we also might want to refrain from "ill never do business with XXXXX". id hate for anything to hurt someones defamation case later on. just a though.[/QUOTE]

Rowdy, what exactly are you referring to?

Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #2249
filenamex5100
id rather not get into to much detail and give someone a idea/firepower against another but simple comments like "I wouldn't buy XXXX from XXXX after reading this", etc etc.
I would think could be harmful if someone were to win a defamation case and claim loss revenue. it was just a thought. not singling anyone out or anything.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #2250
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
id rather not get into to much detail and give someone a idea/firepower against another but simple comments like "I wouldn't buy XXXX from XXXX after reading this", etc etc.
I would think could be harmful if someone were to win a defamation case and claim loss revenue. it was just a thought. not singling anyone out or anything.
Defamation cases are extremely difficult to win. I believe there is a lot of harm in trying to hush public commentary just on the slight off chance of a win because it can give bad guys a way to whitewash their reps simply by threatening such a suit.
In addition, much of what has been said in this particular thread is either a recitation of the truth, or opinion, nether which support a defamation suit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu