corns snakes wanted for sale or trade - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #21
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Just remembered where I saw this name before.....she was the one wanting people to ship her dead snakes via USPS.
I remember that now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theReptileBreeder
A buddy of mine is doing a project on preserving snake body's
I guess I'm just stereotyping but I have never heard a "girl" (one who has a 22 year old daughter) call anyone, "A buddy of mine". That would put "her" around my age and none of the "girls" I have ever known speak like that.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #22
theReptileBreeder
I'm not in charge of shipping, Vincent is and he's been shipping reptiles for 5 plus years. It's all legal they know what we are shipping, we go through the process of letting them know. We use UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, Delta, Southwest. I give the choice to everyone for 1rst day air, however most people think it is alright to use 2nd day air and choose that instead, I guarantee live arrival 1rst and 7 day health with first day air.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #23
theReptileBreeder
About the dead snakes, I was helping out a buddy of mine who needed them for his projects as you saw on the post. People came through with the snakes, thanks to the people that helped.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #24
dijarie
A lot of people use DHL i've seen it on reptile auctions like here http://www.reptileauctions.com/aucti...s.php?id=10429

I dont really know this person and dont know if she is good with reptiles or anything but i dont think you should be judging her you dont really even know her. i have 36 corn snakes and ive bought them for like 3 for 80 shipped and ive seen people post in the classifieds for norms that are $10 and 15. You can tell she prefers people shipping with first day because not many people give you a 7 day health guarentee, so what many people like 2nd day it's their choice and everyone has a different opinion. The point is who are you to judge her you make it seem like your just trying to find flaws to pick at her about so you can act like your better than her. Pretty soon you will probably start picking on me because im not as old and experienced as you and I'm new to the forums.

Do you ever really read what you write? Do you really have that bad of a life you spend your time picking at other peoples flaws and jumping to way off conclusions to make yourself seem better, more experienced, older, and more mature? I saw the same stuff always going on in kids forums growing up.

"I would hardly say you acted like a reasonable adult when you responded. Your reaction was that more resembling a kid. " to you too

Old 05-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijarie
I dont really know this person and dont know if she is good with reptiles or anything but i dont think you should be judging her you dont really even know her.

Do you ever really read what you write? Do you really have that bad of a life you spend your time picking at other peoples flaws and jumping to way off conclusions to make yourself seem better, more experienced, older, and more mature? I saw the same stuff always going on in kids forums growing up.

"I would hardly say you acted like a reasonable adult when you responded. Your reaction was that more resembling a kid. " to you too
Who's judging who ????

I would also like to add, that I ship "overnight express" if a customer asked me to ship any other way ... I will not ship. When I ship my concern is not for the customer, it is for the safety of the animal/s being shippied.

If any one chooses to ship 2nd day they should not be in the reptile business.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #26
DAND
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
If any one chooses to ship 2nd day they should not be in the reptile business.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #27
Cat_72
Quote:
I'm not in charge of shipping, Vincent is and he's been shipping reptiles for 5 plus years. It's all legal they know what we are shipping, we go through the process of letting them know. We use UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, Delta, Southwest. I give the choice to everyone for 1rst day air, however most people think it is alright to use 2nd day air and choose that instead, I guarantee live arrival 1rst and 7 day health with first day air.
So, if a guarantee is only offered with next day air, it's obvious that she KNOWS that 2nd day air is not a safe choice for the animals. The only people that would choose 2nd day is those who either don't know any better, or aren't concerned with the health and well-being of their reptiles after they leave their hands. I would not buy from someone who even offers 2nd day as an option, nor would I sell to someone who requests an animal be shipped that way.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #28
John Albrecht
Don't all international shipments take more than 1 day?

It's understandable that overnight is preferred but I don't think you can dis someone because they use 2nd day sometimes. Depending upon the weather and other conditions it could be ok.

You all are being a little rough on this woman whoever she is. You might not have meant it, but it sounded to me like you were attacking her.

-John Albrecht

Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #29
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Albrecht
Don't all international shipments take more than 1 day?

It's understandable that overnight is preferred but I don't think you can dis someone because they use 2nd day sometimes. Depending upon the weather and other conditions it could be ok.

You all are being a little rough on this woman whoever she is. You might not have meant it, but it sounded to me like you were attacking her.

-John Albrecht
John,

I don't know if you missed this post from her:

Quote:
Shipping DHL 2nd day air from FL to MA for a corn snake is 20.25 more or less. People have sold me corn snakes (captive bred) for $15-40. Online it's harder to find ones for $15 because their is a high demand for them.
Her quote is not implying international shipment. Nor does DHL allow the shipping of snakes.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #30
theReptileBreeder
I found out shipping wasn't illegal for lizards but it is for snakes through DHL. I've seen Vinny ship our lizards that way so I though it was alright for snakes, but that is a really good reason not why I am in charge of shipping, thank goodness... Every single person that specifically asks for 2nd day had all their animals arrive to them healthy. If the weather condition was too extreme for the animal or if the animal was too delicate I deny the person 2nd day. Most of my herps are really hardy and it's not too stressful on them. Herps that are imports have to travel more than a day through international to just get here in the first place.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread