New Arrivals: Banana Phase C. pectinata - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #1
jmugleston
New Arrivals: Banana Phase C. pectinata

I'm quite excited to be working with this species. Their small size, calm temperaments, and relative ease of care make them a great candidate for a new popular lizard pet.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
winno
Now this is something Id love to get my hands on

Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
stolenheron
you will love Ctenosaura if you haven't worked with them already.

I have successfully tamed down several C. similis and caught hundreds in the wild.

The C. pectinata are great. are these imports or CBB from the states? the new imported banana phases have been MUCH larger than many of the CBB lines that have been in the states for years.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
you will love Ctenosaura if you haven't worked with them already.

I have successfully tamed down several C. similis and caught hundreds in the wild.

The C. pectinata are great. are these imports or CBB from the states? the new imported banana phases have been MUCH larger than many of the CBB lines that have been in the states for years.
I've worked with Ctenosaura in the past and I really enjoyed them. I've noticed the opposite on the size. The US animals (especially the feral FL stock) are getting much larger. These are farmed imports and the parents are supposed to be the smaller size.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
stolenheron
Maybe I had it backwards haha. But you have noticed the difference as well. Ty park and I were talking about the size gradient of the pectinata. The wild normal pectinata in south Florida are on the larger side as well.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
Maybe I had it backwards haha. But you have noticed the difference as well. Ty park and I were talking about the size gradient of the pectinata. The wild normal pectinata in south Florida are on the larger side as well.
Oh yeah. The black and white C. pectinata are quite large in comparison both those in their native range and the feral population in FL. The FL WC banana phase pectinatas seem to be in between the two, but some keep some of the nice yellow of the banana phase.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
sean
are any of them for sale? Please contact me at seangofish@gmail.com

Thank you,
Sean Clancy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!