Bad Guy BAD EXPERIENCE: Kicks Balls / Fred Kick / Kick Brothers / Reptile Addicts / Pets Plus - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #41
bcr229
Pets Plus was raided by DEC this afternoon.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...re-in-lockport

Old 05-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #42
alex bleas
thanks Melinda for the post. I have commented before defending the kicks and will keep doing so. There was more then likely a captive born uro for sale by a breeder at show for 200 bucks. The problem is nobody wants to pay a breeder for there hard work . The kicks have been selling WC junk since the first reptile show in the 1980s. They also have 40
To 50 people all over there tables all show long. So price is the most important thing apparently when dealing with the avg show attendee. My point is you get what you pay for. You payed for a Wc and got a Wc plan and simple. These are also exotic animals and when buying them at show where you see and hold animals before purchase makes it a final sale. Breeders will back there animals with full refunds because they take pride in what they do. I have also struggled with English so excuse any grammar or misspelled words.

I would also like to address the raid on there store. Many reptile stores have been raided up north over the past year. There is a plan in place to close all reptile pet stores and then start going after vendors at shows. Peta has been putting members into government positions for years. Here the health department, department of agriculture, wild life service, have lots of members in the department. They have finally gotten promoted to positions where they have power and boy are they using it. I was buying a couple rats for my snakes at a reptile pet store and 10 agents walked in with Guns. So I have seen it first hand. They have there own vets and Clueless about reptiles. The vet pulled out a snake and said it had a tumor and needing treatment and they were in violation. The snake then took a big dump on the floor. I’m not making this up i couldn’t believe it. I went back to store a week lateremployee that was there said they pack up 5 to 6 snake and put them totes and

Old 05-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #43
alex bleas
Sorry hit post button to soon they placed snakes in back up a pickup truck in freezing weather and took off. I can’t make this stuff up crazy. Thanks for reading and don’t buy wild caught.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #44
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex bleas View Post
I would also like to address the raid on there store. Many reptile stores have been raided up north over the past year. There is a plan in place to close all reptile pet stores and then start going after vendors at shows. Peta has been putting members into government positions for years. Here the health department, department of agriculture, wild life service, have lots of members in the department. They have finally gotten promoted to positions where they have power and boy are they using it.
As distressing as this is, I would like to see what evidence you might have, of a systematic, government plan to end the herp hobby.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #45
jforce
You may have bought an unhealthy animal, I'll say that, but your husbandry skills are need improvement. They're a big factor here. Introducing that animal to the others may not only have been bad for them, but likely stressed the Uro you lost. Pay attention to your animals, or don't own them. Stay on top of it. They need more than feed and clean.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!