please help! anyone ever delt with john michael reptiles?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-21-2004, 04:29 AM   #1
das408851
Question please help! anyone ever delt with john michael reptiles??

i just sent him what is alot of money to me! (over $1000) and it was all set up for him to ship tomarow, well his wife just emailed me to say he is sick and will not be able to ship tomarow. this is my frist time dealing with him and this sounds kind of fishy!

what do you think?

Old 08-21-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
TNS Reptiles
If John Michael reptiles is John Martino from Long Island, which i think it is. You're fine. I know who he is and he is friendly with many of my friends, you have nothing to worry about. If his wife says he's sick, he is. These things happen but i understand your concern.

Mike Brooks
TNS Reptiles
Long Island, NY
631-732-4233
Breeder of High End Boids

Old 08-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Greg Riso
I've Dealt With John

and I doubt very much that you will have any problem. I bought a very nice pair of Cay Caulkers from John and all went very smoothly. Give him a chance to recover and I'm sure you'll get what you paid for. These things happen since we're only human after all.

Old 08-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
Mike Greathouse
No worries

Don't worry about a thing.
John is an honest breeder and will take care of business.

Old 08-21-2004, 09:19 AM   #5
Neil Gubitz
You guys are making a lot of assumptions.... does anyone KNOW FOR SURE that John Michael IS John Martino??... And, if so, why the alias??.... Not only that, but "tomarow", is SUNDAY??.... Nobody ships on Sunday, unless it's Delta Dash or one of the airlines.... Not only that, but if it IS John Martino, I'm sure he has a UPS or FedEX account, what is so hard about packing a box up for shipping no matter HOW sick you are??.... I'm sorry, but this DOES sound a little fishy to me....

Neil

Old 08-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
dwedeking
Assumptions

Registrant:
John Michael Reptiles
41 Carrington Lane
Long Island, NY 11731
US

Domain name: JOHNMICHAELREPTILES.COM

Administrative Contact:
Martino, John jobu28@optonline.net
41 Carrington Lane
Long Island, NY 11731

Ok, so we've established that John Martino is affiliated with John Michael reptiles (many reason why he would call it John Michael, name of a family member (father, son), could be his middle name, could be the guy he bought the business from).

From his TOS page:

*SHIPMENT will be made airfreight collect to your nearest airport serviced by Delta Airlines unless otherwise agreed upon. The shipment will be insured for the total value of the animals. You are required to open and inspect the shipment before leaving the air cargo desk. All insurance claims to the airlines will require this to be done.

So now we've established it was a Delta shipment which can be done on Sundays.

I think I'll bypass quoting a medical journal for a list of sicknesses that would keep a person from driving to an airport.

As he has good references and his wife email you (as opposed to you having to contact him or her) I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, though I can understand your concern with money on the line.

Old 08-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #7
Greg Riso
Neil, I go by the name boidmorphs but my mother didn't name me that lol. How do you know John wasn't going to use one of the airlines and not an overnight shipper? I've seen some sellers paranoid about shipping $500 animals overnight and insist on Delta dash. This transaction was over $1,000 so it wouldn't be unheard of. I don't know if this is the case here but it might be an explanation. Regarding packing an animal up, I've never once called a truck in to make a pick up. I personally take each and every one of my animals over to the overnight facilities just outside the airport which is about 25 minutes away. I do this so to minimize the time my animals are packed taking sending them an hour or two before closing.
I think the time frame involved (one day maybe two?) has not been long enough to be paranoid that there is something "fishy" going on here. Give John a chance to come through and I should hope the thread starter will update us with some positive information.

Old 08-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
dhserps
If,

he contacted you and you did not have to contact him and he said he was shipping tommrow i would just wait and see until tom. I understand your concearn but if he made the effort to contact you and saying he will ship in weeks etc I would try to find something else to occupy your mind with and wait to see if your package shows tommrow if not then I would worry because if it was me i would package it have it addressedand ready to go and have my wife drop it off to be shipped

Old 08-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #9
Neil Gubitz
John.... you got me all wrong.... I KNOW John MARTINO is a good guy??.... I just never heard of him using the alias "Michael"??.... As I said, if it's Delta or one of the airlines, there were MANY reasons an illness would stop him from shipping (VERY understandable).... but, with no knowledge of that alias, it just SOUNDED fishy, but with your proof, it's very understandable.... and having his wife contact the purchaser instead of not contacting him at all, is VERY admirable.... that's the way it SHOULD be done.... I don't think the purchaser has ANYTHING to worry about, now that we know the circumstances??.... sorry for the confusion....

As far as having UPS coming to the house for a pickup instead of taking the package there.... My UPS driver gets to my house at 6:00 pm every day and they always get to the destination by 10:30 am the next day.... they take very good care of my shippments.... $100 Christmas bonus to my UPS driver does WONDERS for my packages....

Neil

Old 08-21-2004, 11:29 AM   #10
John316
Michael is his middle name.
The overwhelming majority of his packages are sent via Delta because they usually contain animals which are worth several hundred/thousand dollars and it appears to be the most consistant way of getting his customers their animals safely and in a timely fashion.
He is a VERY stand up guy who will come through for you.
I have bought, sold and traded with him many times without incident so feel reassured that you will get what you ordered as soon as he is able to make it to the airport.
Enjoy your new animals!
Cynthia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!