Business license questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Arrow Business license questions

Ok, so I have started breeding bearded dragons and I am almost done getting my FedEx cert. but in order to sell to the local pet store I need a business license. They are part of a chain and the dragons that they "try" to sell are always so small and sickly, they rarely sell any of their dragons, they usually die in store like many other reptiles that they sell..

It is only going to be me and it is obviously going to be run from my home, I have no intention of opening a store since my husband and I will only be here for another 2 years or so until he gets his next duty station. I am going to do most of my sales here since I only have one breeding pair. Still, my husband wants me to get my license so I can sell to the store here.

Is there anywhere that someone can recommend I start my search? Everywhere else seems to be giving me the run around and where I live everywhere else is really far away.

Any help will be greatly recommended.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Typically your first place to go is your county clerk's office. There you will fill out paperwork to get your 'DBA' (Doing Business As). Give them a call to find out what information you will need to bring with you to complete the process.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Ok, I have a lot of running around to day and after I find out where it is I will try to stop by there today. Though like I said, many things are rather far from where i live, like its a 45min drive going 55mph to the DMV. LOL! It's kind of sad.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
BobOblak
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=196776

A few threads down there is some good info on this thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
County Clerks office is normally in the courthouse. That is where I had to go and get my DBA

Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
sagespyder@yahoo.com
LOL, I can stand another 45 min drive. That is 45 one way.. I live in the middle of no where.. but the best part about that is that once I do get my business license I can sell to all the pet store here.. There are only 2.. LOL!! The next closet one is well 45 mins away and it's a PetCo..

Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
bsharrah
Every state is different, often very different, so don't assume the county clerks office is where you need to go. It appears GA may be much like PA and you can do everything online. I would start here: https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/

You also should find out if the sickly looking dragons the local stores are trying to sell looked that way when they got them, or if they are that way due to the care they are getting at the store. If you are going through the trouble of getting a business license and FedEx approved, you may as well sell them yourself, IMO.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I have every intention of selling them myself. When they pet store gets them they are really small like they should still be eating pinheads or 1/8 crickets but I know they only order small and large. That and I have been told that they have killed a few by dropping them.. Accidently of course. I actually talk to a lot of them over there and they ask me for help with their own reptiles aside from the store reptiles. My husband wants me to do that just in case no one will buy from me online.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
georgia