It's a good thing I love my cats.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Hibiscusmile
hahah, that was funny, tks!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
von Putz
Try explaining to friends and co-workers the reason why you have a black eye!

During a period of bad weight gain, I snored so badly, my husband kicked me out of the bedroom. Turtle, our cat, objected to the noise as well. I would be woken up several times a night by her slapping me in the face, causing me to roll over onto my side and quiet down for a while.

One night, after smacking me about 5-6 times, I guess she got fed up with the whole thing. She baffed me so hard right on my eye, I was seeing stars! The next morning, I was sporting a lovely red eyeball, by the time I left for work later that evening, it was a real shiner. I had one co-worker demanding that I stop lying to "protect the b*****d". Would not believe me about the cat at all! Even through I had been joking about her slapping me when I snore at night, for the past couple of weeks prior to that.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
reptilebaby
Wow. That was funny. lol

I used to have a cat in high school who always brought me "gifts." Getting up one morning to get ready for school and almost stepped on the back half of a mouse. I vaguely wondered where the other half was and carefully looked everywhere I walked at the time. When I got to school I put my coat in my locker and went about my day. about 4th period I went to get my books for my next class.
anyone guess where the front half of the mouse was yet?

Moving my coat to get to my books, my coat moved just right and I saw the mouse stuck to the inside of my coat. I flipped out and a bunch of people came over to see. Of course all the guys loved it. I was standing there cursing out my cat and shuddering about the thing being on the inside of the coat touching my skin. NEVER wore that coat again.

And another day I was actually asleep when my cat ran up the steps with a live mouse, and jumped on my chest and dropped it on my chest. I woke up screaming, flung both the cat and mouse off my bed, and my cat just sat there looking at me like "Look what you did! You let it get away!" My parents told me that they had just been about to yell up to warn me when I screamed.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
AGoodwin
lol,

When I lived at home, our cats were always bringing and leaving gifts. I woke up more than once to live rodents being dropped on me while in bed. At least once a week I woke up to them chasing one around the house and had to spring into action for yet another rescue mission. Just about every morning the walkway would be a graveyard. It started out as just a few full rodents, then it began to escalate. By the time I moved out, we would leave every morning to find a head here, ass there, a few front halves, multiple feet and tails, a pile of intestines or two. All these from multiple different animals. Mice, Rats, Moles, Voles, Frogs, Bats, Birds, and the occasional Chipmunk and Squirrel.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
reptilebaby
Ick. Ari doesn't tear them apart, thank God! He just holds mice in his mouth until they die.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
AGoodwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
Ick. Ari doesn't tear them apart, thank God! He just holds mice in his mouth until they die.

Its more than tearing apart. He consumed them. Hence the heads, feet, and tails. During the summer time it wasnt so bad, one day we didnt have time to clean them up, so we left for work, and when we came home, they were all gone! We realized that if we left them, the crows would take care of the mess for us! How happy I was to no longer have to clean up piles of intestines!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
reptilebaby
Yeah, I used to have cats that would eat them too.
Ari is a strange cat though. He doesn't eat them either. He even meows at us until someone comes to throw them away once they are dead. He's teaching Ariel to do the same, I think.
Had a fish jump out of it's tank once and Ari came to find me in the bathroom and led me to it so I could put it back. never even tried to eat it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!