CMG Reptiles anyone dealt with them? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2003, 12:17 AM   #1
Mickey_TLK
Question CMG Reptiles anyone dealt with them?

He has some "poss het" sharp strain albinos available. A couple thing in the story dont add up to me, but Im trying to give the guy the benifit of the doubt.

Also a het x het breeding that didnt produce albinos, what would that make the offspring at best. Lets say one is a true het and one is a common, that would make the babies 50% hets correct?

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 09-27-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
Wilomn
I believe that if one parent is a het and one is normal then one out of every four babies is a het, 25%. On het to het I think it's 66%. I could be wrong, wouldn't surprise me but, that's what I think it works out to.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-27-2003, 07:58 AM   #3
dkpuma
A het to a normal will produce 50% hets.

Wes, you're thinking a het to het breeding one in four will be an albino.

Some more info on what you don't think adds up would help us out here.

David Van Houten
Logan Enterprises

Old 09-27-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
Mickey_TLK
Well for starters the seller believes he has 66% het albinos, and as we agree, that could not be the case *unless he does have 2 100% hets that just happened to not hit on the albino in this particualar litter (unlikely but I guess possible), This is the statement from them about their "poss het sharp strain albinos"

IT WAS A GAURANTEED 100%HET BRED TO WHAT WAS THOUGHT ANOTHER 100% HET BIT NO
ALBINOS CAME OUT SO I DONT KNOW IF THE GENETICS WERE NOT COMPATIBLE OR WHAT
BUT AT THE LEAST THEY ARE 66%

Again Im not calling him a scam artist, but something doesnt add up. I keep asking for info, and he only answers a portion of my questions. I personally at this point would not be comfortable believing they are even poss hets, but I figured maybe they are good honest people, and someone here could back that up, but soo far it seems thats not gonna happen.

Either way, if you are looking at this group, Ask a ton of questions.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard king Reptiles

Old 09-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Mickey,

Quote:
In my opinion they are telling you upfront they are unsure if one of them was heterozygous. They should be sold as a 100% hetero bred to a normal thus the offspring being 50% possibles. As for the genetic incompatibility (breeding and hetero Sharp to and hetero Kahl) that will still give you 50% heteros for either strain, the problem is you don't know to which!

Kindly,

Old 09-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #6
Mickey_TLK
Yea thats what I figured to, but hes advertising them as 66% hets. If he cant figure out the genetics, who knows if any of it is true or what. He never mentions kahl strain at all, soo I assume he thought he had 2 100% het sharps. However I asked who produced the adults a couple times, asked if any papwerwork could be provided, ect, ect and all of theese questions have been dodged. Who knows

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 09-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #7
CMGREPTILES
FIRST OF ALL THE BREEDING WAS 2 100% HETS BUT FOR SOME REASON NO ALBINOS WERE THROWN. BUT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE. I AM SELLING THEM CHEAP ENOUGH FOR THEM TO BE 50% OR HELL EVEN NORMALS. BUT THEY ARE 66% AND THATS THE WAY IT ADS UP. HETS ARE A RISKY GAME AND SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS THAT YOU DONT ALWAYS PRODUCE THE ANIMAL. BUT I DONT SCAM ANYBODY THEREFORE THE PRICE ON THESE BABIES WERE 175.00 FOR FEMALES AND 100.00 FOR MALES WHICH ABOUT WHAT NORMALS GO FOR AT THE PET SHOPS SO I DONT SEE WHY MY NAME AND SCAM ARE EVEN IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH. BUT I GUESS SOMETIMES PEOPLE (LIZARD KING) HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO GO AFTER THE WRONG PERSON AND TRY AND SABATOGE THEIR NAME. BUT ITS COOL BECAUSE NOONE I HAVE DEALT WITH HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF OR SCAMMED. THEY HAVE GOTTEN EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE PAYED FOR AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS UNFORSEEN I FIX THE SITUATION AND HEAVY IT UP ON MY END OF THE DEAL JUST TO SHOW I AM A MAN OF MY WORD. SO TO ALL THAT HAVE LOOKED AT THIS THREAD KEEP ON HERPING AND REMEMBER THERE ARE ALOT OF DIRTY AND SCAMMING DUDES OUT HERE IN THIS INDUSTRY BUT I AM NOT ONE OF THEM. THANKS FOR LISTENING CHRIS CMG REPTILES

Old 09-27-2003, 12:24 PM   #8
Mickey_TLK
Chris

Buddy Relax for a second, and please turn your caps lock off.

I want to say this as clear as possible. I DID NOT SAY YOU WERE A SCAMMER, I am not trying to drag your name down in any way. I am however looking for someone to back up your name.

The statement you just made is 10 times what you said in any email responce to me. You dodged questions, or neglected to answer them. I clearly asked if you had the following, actually, screw it, Im posting the emails.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responce to my first email, you can read my questions on the bottom.

----- Original Message -----
To: <snakerattleroll@cox.net>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: Message about: JUST IN POSS HET ALBINO SHARP STRAIN BABIES

> How many females do you have available, and can you send pics of the
breeding/birthing if possible. Do you have paperwork on the parent that is a
het sharp.
>
> Mickey Hinkle
> The Lizard King REptiles
>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second email was a pic sent of two "het" babies, wont post as we all know what boas look like. He didnt say anything new in that email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The third email, and one that got me to post here

NO I HAVE 7 ITS JUST HARD TO GET ALL OF THEM IN THE PIC

----- Original Message -----
To: "CMG REPTILES" <SNAKERATTLEROLL@COX.NET>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Message about: JUST IN POSS HET ALBINO SHARP STRAIN BABIES

> So you have 2 females available, from what I am gathering?
>
> Where did the parents come from, and how did you get taken on a het? Are
you sure either is het? Het to het would produce 66% and albinos in theory,
but could also miss I guess. How many babies in the litter? And het to
common, that would be 50% hets correct? I would need ALOT more info to be
confident buying them to be honest.
>
> Mickey Hinkle
> The Lizard King Reptiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me clear something up. I DID NOT CONTACT YOU FOR COMMON BOAS. I responded to an add for SHARP STRAIN HETS. Had you provided decent paperwork, or answered questions, who knows I may have bought all 7 females from you on the spot. But 175$ for a common boa, no way buddy, let alone 175 ea for 7 commons. I would have checked you out either way. IF you cant handle someone asking for references on your business, well get out of hets cause you will be flooded with requests' for that kind of info.

Now you want to call me out as haveing too much time on my hands, ect, ect. NOPE, I'M JUST CASIOUS. I would never send you that kind of money on hets withought some sort of proof. Im sorry you took my inquiry the wrong way, but it is what it is.

If you got scammed on your het, then obviously you could imagine how others would feel if they did. Of course they are poss hets, but are they? If you cant proide paperwork on either animal, and obviously one was a fraud anywyas, are they not just commons. Thats my opinion on that matter.

Sorry you took it the wrong way man.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 09-27-2003, 12:46 PM   #9
CMGREPTILES
REFRENCES ARE NOT A PROBLEM. BUT WHEN DEALING WITH HETS AND GENETICS IT IS A RISKY GAME FOR EXAMPLE A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE BRED 2 100% HET BALLS TOGETHER FOR 3 BREEDINGS BEFORE HE FINALLY PRODUCED THE ALBINOS HE WAS LOOKING FOR SO I CANT TELL YOU WHY ON THIS BREEDING THE ALBINOS WERE NOT PRODUCED. I REALLY DONT THINK ANYONE TOTALLY HAS THE WHOLE GENETIC THING OR COMPATIBILLITY THING WORKED INTO A GAURANTEED SCIENCE CONSIDERING ALL THESE MORPHS THAT ARE BEING PRODUCED TODAY ARE FAIRLY NEW IN BOTH BOAS AND BALLS ESPECIALLY. BUT THATS IS JUST MY OPPINION. I THINK THERE IS WAY TO MANY OUT HERE IN THE INDUSTRY POSTING HETS. I THINK THAT 70% ARE GENUINE BUT I THINK 30% ARE PEOPLE JUST TRYING TO GET YOUR MONEY. BUT I THINK MY PRICE ON THESE BOAS IN QUESTION ARE A REFLECTION OF THE FACT IM NOT OUT FOR THE GREED FACTOR. BUT I UNDERSTAND YOUR BEING CAUTIOUS AND YOU VERY WELL SHOULD BE. WE HAVE ALL BEEN SCAMMED SOME WORSE THAN OTHERS BUT I STAND BEHIND WHAT I SELL. BUT I APOLIGIZE IF MY LAST REPLY SOUNDED HARSH AND TO THE POINT BUT IT WAS MEANT TO BE TO THE POINT. AND ANY OF THESE BABIES WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT GAMBLE JUST FOR THE FACT OF WHAT THEY CAN PRODUCE. BUT IF YOUR NOT SURE IN YOUR HEAD ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE IS OFFERING THAN JUST DONT BUY IT THATS MY ADVISE TO ANYONE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR HETS. THANKS AGAIN CMG REPTILES

Old 09-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
Chris,

Here is what you told Mickey:

Quote:
IT WAS A GAURANTEED 100%HET BRED TO WHAT WAS THOUGHT ANOTHER 100% HET
1. Your own statement clearly says you thought it was. You are opening the possibility for at least one of the animals not to be an hetero.

Quote:
BIT NO ALBINOS CAME OUT SO I DONT KNOW IF THE GENETICS WERE NOT COMPATIBLE OR WHAT
2. Again, with that statement you are saying that they might have been genetically incompatible (two different albino strains in the mix), but then you said OR WHAT which reads that you have no clue as of why albinos didn't show up, which brings us back to possibility number 1.

Quote:
3. This statement is only valid if both are 100% hetero, which according to your own words you are not sure about.

Sincerely,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!