inquiry: has anyone heard of pet city in LA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
binary71
inquiry: has anyone heard of pet city in LA

hello all,

i have kept balls and boas for a while but i am just getting into buying some investment quilty animals. I have been reading here to find reputable breeders and looking at a few other sites. the seller in question has an ad listed for albino balls for $150. Here is the link to the ad

http://www.reptile-breeder.net/ads/snakes/ball-pythons/albino-ball-pythons-for-sale-$150-each-4422.html

i sent an email to them asking about the low price and here is the email i got back. theirs is the top and mine is below.

There are healthy and doing well. There are cheap because i will have to ship them over. Taking one will cost you $150 with shipping of $100 making a total of $250. So when are you ready to take her?
Let me know
kind regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:55:46 -0700
Subject: albino boas
To: pets_city@hotmail.com

i was wondering why these ball pythons were so cheap. i have never seen one for a 150.00 anywhere. if they are healthy and doing well i would be interested in one and was wondering what it would cost to have one shipped to 62704.

sincerly,

rich

just wanted to know if anyone knew these folks and if they are legitimate.

thanks

Rich Kinison

Old 07-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
John E Dove
How big is the snake and how are they shipping it? That shipping cost seems high to me.
Did you get a phone number of specific address for them? There are 3 Pet City stores in the LA area. One in Whittier, one in Torrance and one in West Covina. There are some bad reviews on the one in Torrence on line but only one that might be applicable to snakes. That one was a comment on the cleanliness of the establishment.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
LadyOhh
Ask them where they are...

I will go there in person and check these out.

I highly doubt, however, that they are trustworthy.

Sounds very much like a scam.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
binary71
i have sent an email asking for their phone number and address. The seller has sent me some pics and they appear to be babies. They are beautiful pics but i dont know how to post them here. I am not sure of the shipping but a $100 sounded high to me as well. They are also offering a discount on more than one animal. just sounds to good to be true to get albino balls for $150 (or less if you order more than one). i will post when they reply with a phone # or address. thanks for the help so far

Rich Kinison

Old 07-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
LauraB
Are these the ads?

Are either of these below the same picture? The entire reply they sent you sounds like a scam. "I have to ship THEM over", "So when are you ready to take HER?"
Tell them you'll send a $5,000.00 cashiers check and your agent will pick up the snakes and your change. lol
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
binary71
these pics look a lot like the ones they sent me. i bet they would love for me to send them $5000....lol... oh well.. i figured it was too good to be true...thanks for the help. i am still waiting for the response from my email asking for their name and number.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
LadyOhh
I have been in contact with him, and basically they said that the animals are in Turkey.

"I am from La currently on a volunteer program in Turkey. So i was thinking we could send them over to you by air plane. It takes few hours with security guaranteed. Let me know if its ok for you "

ME: If they are in Los Angeles, why would you need to have them on a plane? Did you take them with you to Turkey?

"yeah. i actually bring them here with me to Turkey"

Check this one off as a total scam

Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
binary71
I basically recieved the same answer from them.

"I am from La currently on a volunteer program in Turkey so we will send them off from here. My phone number is 00905338797847. feel free to call me anytime
regards"

I would have to agree this is a scam. Won't be buying anything from them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!