Florida state law issues - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #171
Imperial Reptiles
I just recently got my conditional reptiles permit, and the inspector that did my inspection did not tell anything of that nature. I think its just a rumor....

Old 06-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #172
IvoryExotics
Im starting the process of getting my conditional species permit. I was wondering what the inspection was like, anything specific they were interested in?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #173
Hybridbird
Every inspector is different, but the big things are enclosure construction and placement, paperwork, labeling and now they are really starting to crack down down on microchips.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #174
figg2112
a little confused

I am trying to figure out if Chameleons fall into the Class III category.

I am talking about CB Panther Chameleons (Furcifer pardalis) and CB Veiled Chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus)

The law is very vague when it comes to the definition of class III and what animals are actually Class III

I found this on http://myfwc.com/license/wildlife/captive-wildlife/

"A permit is required for personal possession, exhibition or sale of Class III wildlife. Class III wildlife are all species not listed as Class I or Class II; and not among those species that are specifically listed as not requiring a permit for personal possession in rule 68A-6.0022, FAC."

There is no formal list of Class III species. You must check the lists of Class I, Class II, and species not requiring a permit to determine if an animal in question is a Class III species. Florida residents 16 years of age and older may apply for permit to possess, exhibit or sell Class III wildlife.

Then on the same site it says

" Wildlife Not Requiring a Permit

The following species do not require a permit for personal possession as long as no other Rule or Statute applies. Examples include, but are not limited to, rules for Threatened or Endangered Species:

A. Reptiles or amphibians (nonvenomous, unprotected species that are NOT listed as endangered, threatened, species of special concern, conditional reptiles, or otherwise regulated)

So am I wrong to think that Furcifer pardalis and Chamaeleo calyptratus do not require a class III permit to exhibit because they are reptiles that are nonvenomous, unprotected and are not a reptile of concern???

or do you still need a class III license to sell these animals at shows even though you don't need a permit to keep them...?

Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #175
IvoryExotics
It took me a while to figure this out. All animals not listed in class 1 or 2 are automatically class three. Some class 3 animals can be kept privately without a permit. However, all the permit does is allow you to keep these animals privately in your home. If you want to exhibit or sell any animal that is not listed as class 1 or class 2, permit or not, even if it's just the family pet ball python on craigslist; you technically need the lisence.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #176
Hybridbird
Yes, if you are going to sell even one of them, you will need a commercial Class III.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #177
SixGunIggyLeur
Hence you not selling them on craigslist, and rather, adopting them out on craigslist with a home fee.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #178
IvoryExotics
It doesnt matter. If you are accepting money for a class III, even if you dont need a permit to keep it, you need the license.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #179
Hybridbird
She's right, if you sell,"rehome", adopt out, trade, or barter any animals via any venue (CL, newspaper, reptile show, local sale)that are considered class III, you need a commercial class III permit.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:13 AM   #180
Rick.Alvarez77
Hey guys new-ish user here, lurked prior to this and just recently made an account. So, my understanding of the laws now in Fl is that it's impossible to get a ROC license or at least no reason to now for retics (dwarfs, regular or otherwise) unless you're someone who can make an excuse for having one ie: run a reptile store or have an educational endeavor of some sort since personal possession of any of the now considered "conditional reptiles" is completely prohibited. Is there any way around the legality of this? Thanks for any help received really bummed out as of right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!