HAPPY B-DAY MISS TUNIWHA - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #31
taphillip
Wow!! a reptile person who said Reptile Gardens was lame? but Bear Country was Awesome? There is not another zoo in the Country that has the diversity of reptiles that we do? Sure they are mostly Venomous and Crocs...but we have our fair share of the others though...no 'designer' snakes but damn what else do you want in a reptile collection!!

Cheers!
Terry Phillip
Curator of Reptiles
Black Hills Reptile Gardens

Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #32
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by taphillip View Post
Wow!! a reptile person who said Reptile Gardens was lame? but Bear Country was Awesome? There is not another zoo in the Country that has the diversity of reptiles that we do? Sure they are mostly Venomous and Crocs...but we have our fair share of the others though...no 'designer' snakes but damn what else do you want in a reptile collection!!

Cheers!
Terry Phillip
Curator of Reptiles
Black Hills Reptile Gardens
Wow!! a reptile person who gets all butt hurt when someone's opinion differs from their and who then hijacks a Birthday thread from well over a year ago to shamelessly attempt to promote their (lame) facility. Definitely a class act.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #33
taphillip
LOL Dandy -

Not butt hurt about it at all...just sharing my surprise... if you read butt hurt. maybe you should listen to yours and leave the computer occasionally...

Maybe read the words with a different tone of voice?

Just sharing amazement is all.... In 15 years I've never heard a person with an interest and some knowledge about reptiles feel that way after a visit...

I just work there, so no offense taken if she didn't like it... but there are 230 species of reptiles and amphibs on display...2/3rds are venomous and crocs, with the rarest, the deadliest and the biggest on display... It's an old facility, so maybe she just didn't like the aged way they are exhibited...who knows.... its the most complete reptile collection ever assembled in history... ( now THAT is a shameless plug ) but true nonetheless

Old 08-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #34
Miss Tuniwha
no, I didn't like the amt of animals in some of the small cages, the lack of "snake show" information/snakes.. and the lack of more "unique" reptiles.

I do understand that it is more directed for people with no reptile experience to be able to enjoy it. But I felt it to be very.. boring. Aside from sitting through the snake show, it took me 20 minutes (if that) to walk the entire facility.. and that includes posing in photos with the aldabra tortoise.

Even my NON reptile husband was not impressed.. enough to where if we had gone again this year (which we did not).. he requested to wait in the car.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #35
DAND
Quote:
LOL Dandy -

Not butt hurt about it at all...just sharing my surprise... if you read butt hurt. maybe you should listen to yours and leave the computer occasionally...
Just sharing my surprise but I guess I should have waited for well over a year to do so, my bad.

Quote:
Maybe read the words with a different tone of voice?
No thanks, I'd rather not role play with you.

Quote:
Just sharing amazement is all.... In 15 years I've never heard a person with an interest and some knowledge about reptiles feel that way after a visit...
Well why don't you troll some more threads and maybe you'll come across some more.

Quote:
I just work there, so no offense taken if she didn't like it... but there are 230 species of reptiles and amphibs on display...2/3rds are venomous and crocs, with the rarest, the deadliest and the biggest on display... It's an old facility, so maybe she just didn't like the aged way they are exhibited...who knows.... its the most complete reptile collection ever assembled in history... ( now THAT is a shameless plug ) but true nonetheless
Well you know what you can do with your shameless plug now don't ya?

Now why don't we get this thread back to where it belongs........

Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #36
taphillip
Hey no sweat Brandy - to each their own.

but there is just no way for someone to walk the place in 20 minutes? That amazes me... there are over 200 exhibits and 1000 animals there...and as for lack of unique... it's the only place with Rough Scaled Pythons, Inland Taipans, Mulgas, Browns, Tiger Snakes, Rough scaled snakes, Golds Tree Cobras, Red belly blacksnakes...the list goes on and on... I specialize in exhibiting animals that no other zoo has...
Birds shows, croc shows, snake show, hands on with the big Torts... the average person stays a half a day to see everything...and snake people, normally take 2 days or more...

Contrary to Dandy trolling for an internet fight - I was just amazed is all... Hopefully, you didn't take it personally, it wasn't intended to be inflammatory

Anyway, too bad you didnt enjoy your visit... If you are ever in the area again, let me know....I'll give you a tour even your hubby would enjoy.... Theres also alot to be seen behind the scenes too...

And Dandy - I just looked at a bunch of your previous posts - you define an internet troll dude....relax... I saw this post a year later because I'm not here all day everyday pickin fights on the internet... a piece of advise for ya - 'Arguing on the internet is like pissing in the wind ... Might make you feel better, but you still have piss on your shoes.'

Cheers All!
T-

Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #37
Mistyck
Might want to read a bit and learn how to spell people's names if you're going to address them. Her name is not spelled with a "Y", it's spelled with an "I" and quit being a schmuck to Dand. He's not trolling the forums for year old threads and bringing them to the top.

You brought a year old thread to the surface just because BrandI said that she didn't think that your "attraction" was all that it was cracked up to be? Her opinion doesn't have to equal that of yours. So DROP IT! Just a friendly little suggestion.

BTW, way to cyber-stalk Dand! (Notice no "Y"? You seem to have a thing for the "Y"s.)

Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #38
Miss Tuniwha
I'm sorry.. I don't feel I need to stand and stare at every little cage for an hour to waste my time.. I looked.. and moved along.

And I have known a handful of snake folks that told me not to waste my time in going.. guess they had no interest in spending "days" there.

Sure.. behind the scenes and hands on WOULD make it worth while.. But that is not what you get when go..

and just walking around, seeing small cages with reptiles I guess just isn't for me..

I am glad you are proud of your place.. I enjoyed some of the things there.. just personally felt it boring.

Take care.

and please stop ruining my birthday thread from OVER a year ago..

You have posted your views.. and I have posted mine..

now .. move along folks .. nothing to see here.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #39
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
no, I didn't like the amt of animals in some of the small cages, the lack of "snake show" information/snakes.. and the lack of more "unique" reptiles.

I do understand that it is more directed for people with no reptile experience to be able to enjoy it. But I felt it to be very.. boring. Aside from sitting through the snake show, it took me 20 minutes (if that) to walk the entire facility.. and that includes posing in photos with the aldabra tortoise.

Even my NON reptile husband was not impressed.. enough to where if we had gone again this year (which we did not).. he requested to wait in the car.
LOL-sounds like you hurt his feelings, Brandi!!

Now it may not be as BIG a collection, but you won't find a better show or a more congenial host than the guy at Reptile World Serpentarium!! If you're ever in Kissimmee, check it out!! Last I knew, they still had daily venomous milking shows.

In fact a ways back, the host was doing the milking show, and was stuck several times by a cobra, if I remember correctly. It was pretty touch & go for him for quite a while. And another time, he was tagged by a gator, and you can still see where they re-attached his "flip-flop" heel.

I've been there twice, and MUCH prefer it to Disney World, but I'm more into herps and less into crowds of screaming children, people in costumes, and over-priced foods and souvenirs.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #40
bkline
Happy birthday brandi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brandi hockaday, miss tuniwha