Please adopt this Uro - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
ParkerOK
Please adopt this Uro

I thought I had an adoptive mother lined up for a Uro that we rescued over the Summer. You can see the entire story, including an update photo taken this morning at this link:

http://repticzone.com/forums/Uromast...s/2227104.html

She/he is a Mali, from what I can tell and from the opinion of others. I have no idea how old she is, and the man I rescued her from had no idea either. I measured her a while back, and she appears to be the size of an adult. She is still recovering, but she is doing so much better than she was when I took her in. She is currently still in her 90 gallon tank. A 4 x 2 x 2 (125 gallon tank) at the least is recommended for Uros. She is currently only utilizing the warm-hot end of the tank she is in, but as she continues her recovery may start using the extra space.

Terms for this Uro:

1. The Uro itself is free to a good home. You pay only shipping costs or pick up in Claremore if local. I accept PayPal only, or cash if local.

2. Due to her history, this Uro comes with no guarantee. However, she is doing really good right now considering her past. If she is cared for properly, she will continue her uphill battle...it may be a long one.

3. You must read over Urowiki and prove to me that you are prepared to keep her under the proper conditions at all times (or that you have experience caring for these animals properly). You must show proof of having the proper UVB lighting, heating, housing, etc. and that you are willing to keep her on a healthy diet of the listed Urowiki listed staples.

4. You must agree to never breed this animal. It has been through to much to be put through the breeding process.

I also have a plain adult Egyptian Uro that I picked up about a month ago. Supposedly a male. He is healthy, but I had to take him too because he was not under the proper conditions and would not have remained healthy for long had I left him. I will take $30 for him (that is what I paid and I am not trying to make any money off of him...it's a good price for those of you who know about Uros) + shipping. Terms 2 (there is no guarantee) and 3 apply to this animal as well. PM me with an e mail address for photos, and/or send an application for adoption to soonermagic70@sbcglobal.net.

The same person who was supposed to adopt the first Uro was supposed to take in the second as well. I have not heard from her in about a month. My husband and I are preparing to breed Kings, Milks and Cresties in the Spring, and I would like to be able to divide my large tanks up to put my Crestie babies in. I will likely breed Uros in the future as well, but I need to purchase more tanks before we get into all of that.

Thank you for your time.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
ParkerOK
The link didn't work properly to the Repticzone forum thread. For some reason I can not edit the above post, so here it is:

http://repticzone.com/forums/Uromast...s/2227104.html

Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
shaawnhall
can i get a pic and can i get a quote on shipping to 24435 have a costom built cage set up (just built)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
ParkerOK
I keep trying to delete this post but for some reason there is no option to edit it or anything that I can see.

The Egyptian Uro is gone. The Mali is still here for now, but the local lady who took the Egyptian is probably going to take the Mali too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
egyptian, mali, uromastyx