Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
Lucille
I just got home and I would like to say that it is very important to help young people in the hobby, for they are our future. I would like everyone to take and read this thread before they post again please:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=61964

Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #22
Dennis Hultman

Welcome to Fauna Vinny.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #23
Fangthane
You guys seem to have pre-conceived notion of my intentions right off the bat. Let the games begin is simply a part of my vernacular..something I say from time to time..in this context it was meant to sound something like "oh man here it comes"..playfully acknowledging the premise of many interesting discussions to come or something along those lines. Absolutely no malice intended. Vinny and I know each other in real life..I recommended this site to him. I'd LOVE you to show me an instance of me being rude to Lucille..she's one of the few people that have spoken to me in a nice, decent manner and I think I've done the same with her.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #24
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420
You guys seem to have pre-conceived notion of my intentions right off the bat. Let the games begin is simply a part of my vernacular..something I say from time to time..in this context it was meant to sound something like "oh man here it comes"..playfully acknowledging the premise of many interesting discussions to come or something along those lines. Absolutely no malice intended.
I don't think anyone knew what you meant exactly, That's why Laura asked and you responded with the statement below. A lot different then the above quote.

Quote:
Well laura, no offense intended, but you more or less just illustrated the point I was making to him. There are people on here just aching to be offended or given some reason to jump on some fresh meat. As Lucille pointed out " I can see you will bring many discussions our way!!!" I think she was right on with that statement and my post was a subtle acknowledgment of my agreement with it.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #25
Cat_72
Dan, no one has "jumped on" Vinny. People simply asked what you meant by "let the games begin".....so they weren't even addressing HIM in that point, they were addressing you.

That said.....welcome to Fauna, Vinny.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #26
techgirl
i have to agree with lucille on helping young people with any area of herp raising that they want to know about. it's too often that people ask questions are then are treated like fools for asking them. i myself who used to have snakes, an iguana, birds, and tarantulas many years ago find myself asking questions because as time goes on we find better ways to care for our guys. being a vet tech as well i need to keep up with the info and love the fact that a place like fauna exists. i recommend this site to the people i see that bring their pets in when they are having problems and find out that they aren't caring for them properly. the amount of info that a petstore will tell people to get them to buy is incredible! i was picking up some things at one store and overheard an employee that bps did not require humidity because they like to sit in their bowls! i couldn't believe that. i myself am asking many a question now because i am acquiring a beardie on sunday and want to make sure all the info that i have read and the setup i have done is the most suitable my little one. that said...welcome to fauna vinny, may you enjoy it here.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #27
Fangthane
Hi Cat_72-mind pointing out where I said anyone jumped on vinny? I can't seem to find it.
Dennis. I think I see what you're saying. AT THE TIME I originally said let the games begin I meant it just like I said.."here it comes" in agreement with Lucille. In the second quote you hi-lited where I said laura was illustrating my point..the "point" I was alluding to was part of a private convo that didn't take place on here. It was just me telling vinny what I've seen happen from time to time..A disagreement starts and it suddenly becomes a pissing contest with bickering back and forth..then it becomes a group thing when people's friends decide to join in and meanwhile the whole damn point has been lost..sometimes over something as simple as a misunderstanding that probably could have been handled better by asking for clarification BEFORE taking offense and putting it in a context it wasn't meant to be in. It seems that no matter what I say here I'm wrong..I give up.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #28
Laura Fopiano
Talking Dan

Sorry if you took what I said to be inflammatory however, Ive been here for over 3 years and have seen this kinda stuff before...........If you think that I was being rude, it's probably a good thing that Wes, Neil and Ritchie are not around anymore, for they were a lot less cordial than I.......

Get comfy, check things out, relax and have a good time. We are like family around here and we will and do protect what we love....and welcome to fauna Dan!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:19 AM   #29
Cat_72
Quote:
Well laura, no offense intended, but you more or less just illustrated the point I was making to him. There are people on here just aching to be offended or given some reason to jump on some fresh meat. As Lucille pointed out " I can see you will bring many discussions our way!!!" I think she was right on with that statement and my post was a subtle acknowledgment of my agreement with it.
That is what I was referring to....you more or less inferred that people indeed were "jumping on the fresh meat", when in reality there had just been some harmless questions posed to you.

Again, that being said....sit down, crack open a beer (or grab a hot cup of coffee, whichever you prefer!) and relax!

The purple beanbag chair is the corner is mine though, lol.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:23 AM   #30
Vinny D
hi everybody Dan is a good friend of mine in real life. he is not a trouble starter, when he said "let the games begin" he was not saying it like these ppl are going to pound you into the ground. he reffered me to fauna. and he uses fauna all the time. i think this mess just needs to be cleaned up and forgotten about. and move on to reptile experiences and other chat about our beloved herps of the world. and stop all this nonsence. this is a place to talk about reptles right. so why dont we just stick to reptiles. and forget about all the stupid back and forth bull. and thanks every 1 who has been nice. hope to her from you again thanks for reading.. Vinny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!