Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #81
Vinny D
Here is a picture of my hand 5 days after being bit my a 3 month old eastern diamond back rattler i was paralized 5 mins after the bite and for another 3 days it took 18 vials of CROFAB antivenin to bring me back around that was a very scary ecperience since the doctor only gave me a 20% change of making it to the hospital that stocked the antivenom and the choppers were not flying due to the weather
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #82
Vinny D
Here is a little better picture of my Marajo, Guyana redtail this pic still does not show her true colors but it is a much better pic than the last 1..

(P.S.) CRIKEY WHAT A SCREAMER LOL I LOVE HER
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #83
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
Here is a picture of my hand 5 days after being bit my a 3 month old eastern diamond back rattler i was paralized 5 mins after the bite and for another 3 days it took 18 vials of CROFAB antivenin to bring me back around that was a very scary ecperience since the doctor only gave me a 20% change of making it to the hospital that stocked the antivenom and the choppers were not flying due to the weather
No offense Vinny, so please don't read more into this than there is, but you seem to be proud of the fact you have been envenomated. LOL I know I myself would not brag about it if it. I would be sorta emarrassed about it actually. Some may view it as a "lack" of handling skills. especially those who have handled hots "without" getting tagged. I have been envenomated only once, by cerastes, but not one time through handling. I crashed My dirt bike and fell on Him, and He got me in the hand. An accident pure and simple.

But I completely agree about not tagging any particular species with "biting". There are nasty ones of all species. Some due to WC parents, some are just nasty by nature. I was just using the retic as an example, for they have earned that reputation. LOL But I've seen some really docile ones also.

Rick

Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #84
Vinny D
i am by far no way proud of being envenomated im just sharing with ppl how dangerous these snake can be it is very intresting to alout of ppl i wasent handling the snake either in my opinion and experience sharing my horrible incedents teach ppl who think "ohh a bite cant be that bad" esp to young herpers that are just getting into hots i am embarresed about the bite but when you work with hots their is always that chance beleve me i AM NOT BRAGGING about being bitten by a hot if some 1 were to be proud of that they need major help people appreate me sharing this information with them esp doctors and herpetologist so what gives you the right to judge or jump on me like that in such a rude way offence is taken when people think like you. u are a smart and nice guy im just telling you that that post was for educational purpose alot of these ppl have never even seen what a venomous snake bite looks like or what happens i know u do cuz u have studyied herpetology or reptiles for many many years alout more than me do u understand what im trying to say but i can also see your point maybe i didnt word it right but im in no way proud of it...

Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #85
Lucille
I am inserting a warning here, this is The Welcome Room and is a place specifically meant for greetings as well as for friendly conversations both for new folk and for the regulars. If y'all plan to begin wrangling, please take it off this forum. There is a venomous forum for discussions about venomous snakes, and for a small additional fee wrangles on any subject that go south can be continued in hell.
I would like to (and plan to) keep The Welcome Room as a place where folks can put up their feet, feel good, and have friendly conversation.
Keep it nice here.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #86
Vinny D
ohh no me and crotalus are not going to start fighting over this we are boath to mature for that he read my post with the picture of the bite and thought i was proud of it and i responded with my honest answer m and him talk all the time but i will watch what i say thanks..

Old 02-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #87
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
so what gives you the right to judge or jump on me like that in such a rude way offence is taken when people think like you.
I specifically said "no offense meant. I was stating how it was beginning to sound to Me. perhaps repetative would have been a better word. I'll just not opine any longer so I don't get into trouble.
Peace out.

Rick

Old 02-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #88
Fangthane
Hi hhmoore. I was basing my speculation on the possibility of her being a hybrid on mostly color. I know yellows often have varying degrees of greenish color to them. She just looks more green than yellow many times in certain light. As you said there's A LOT of variations among normals and hybrids. There are a couple ads for hybrids on KS right now. One of them looks kinda like a light lime green and the other looks more like a hypo yellow to me. Guess my speculation is more wishful thinking than anything. Thanks for your input.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #89
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I am inserting a warning here, this is The Welcome Room and is a place specifically meant for greetings as well as for friendly conversations both for new folk and for the regulars. If y'all plan to begin wrangling, please take it off this forum. There is a venomous forum for discussions about venomous snakes, and for a small additional fee wrangles on any subject that go south can be continued in hell.
I would like to (and plan to) keep The Welcome Room as a place where folks can put up their feet, feel good, and have friendly conversation.
Keep it nice here.
Very well timed indeed, Lucille, as a smackdown was pending from my corner.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #90
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
Why don't you take this discussion to the Venomous Discussion Forum?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=327

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!