Question Regarding Reputation Points - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
Tripple H Herps
Question Regarding Reputation Points

Webslave,
I have 5 reputation points right now as I type this post. I checked my CP and it says there is only one person who gave me rep points (positive). However I just ranked somebody, and there rep points are at 20. Why do I not have the same number, if nobody gave me negative points? If they did, is there a way to find out who and what post it was regarding?

Old 02-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
I don't know what you mean by "you ranked somebody" but you start out with a certain number of points. When I put my curser over your little green boxes it says you have between "10 and 49 points", so you have more than 5 points. The number right next to the little green boxes is your rep power, it is not the same as your actual rep points. Rep power is based on how long you have been a member, how many posts you have posted, and how many points you have been given.

When you go to your cp and look at the "latest points received" that is where it shows where points a given/taken away. If the little box is green, points were given (agree with members post), if the little box is red, points were taken away (disagree with members post) if the little box is grey, the person didn't have any rep power (not the same as rep points) to give or take away points. So you can see a little colored box, and if they leave a comment you can see that, but you don't see the actual number that was given or taken away, you just see that as a total when you put your curser over the green boxes, or it shows the total by the "latest rep received" area.

I always leave a comment, I have some grey ones that the people didn't put what they liked or didn't like about some of my posts, so I don't know if they were voicing agreement or disagreement.

does that cover your question?

Old 02-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
Tripple H Herps
Yes it does. I apreciate it.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
abherps
Question

So this rating is based on threads posted or responded to in the chat forums but does not reflect anything towards a seller's reputaion in the classifieds? I just noticed this feature for the first time today and I have a negative reputation for whatever reason (still trying to figure out how to navigate it to find just what the negative rating is for). If this is just based people who disagree with me on forums posts (from what I gather in the previous post regarding point confusion) this kind of sucks and can give the wrong impression to someone looking at vendors in the classifieds and hurt business. The only forum I remember ever posting on is the BOI, and not very many posts at that. This could explain why Fauna generates less business for me than any other classified site even with the banner rotation (one of only 2 websites I advertise on). Some additional clarification on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Old 02-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
WebSlave
The reputation points apply to posts you have made in forums on this site. It is supposed to be a relative rating of what someone feels about your post. The number you see next to the colored marker is how much "power" you have in relation to the number of points you can put towards someone else's reputation. The idea behind this from what I can gather from the developers, and from just seeing how it operates.

I had a lot of trepidation enabling this on this site, but from other sites I have it on, people seemed to have a lot of fun with it, so I figured I would give it a shot. Most of the feedback I have gotten about it here has been mostly positive, but of course it is going to be abused by some people. When abuse is found, steps will be taken to correct the abuse and respond appropriately to the person or persons doing the abuse.

Ronnie, you should be able to see who posted the negative reputation points to you when you look at your User CP listing. If you have an issue with it, let me know who left the feedback and I will look into it for you.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
abherps
Hi Rich,

I still can't figure out how to navigate this to see who posted what... When I go to "User CP" all I see besides nav links is this thread under recent posts. When I take the trader ratings link, I see "Trader Ratings Statistics Recent Ratings" but I can't seem to find anything relating to my rating as to who left negative feedback. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
Ronnie

Old 02-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
WebSlave
Well what is odd is that I tried to view all of the reputation points made to you via my admin control panel and couldn't see a thing there. Anyway, when you look at the User CP screen, you should see something like this if anyone has left reputation feedback for you:
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #8
abherps
Nope, I don't have that box "Latest Reputation Received" anywhere. The only box in my CP is "New Subscribed Threads: (1) " and that would be for this. Can this be fixed so I don't have a undeserving bad guy reputaion? =0) I'll send you chocolate chip cookies LOL

Thanks for looking into this!
Ronnie

Old 02-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #9
DAND
Ronnie,

It should be under the subscribed thread listings. I just added to your reputation so it should show up.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #10
abherps
OK, now I have the box and it's all good, Thanks Dand! Where do I send the cookies? =0)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!