breeders moved and now dont breed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #1
pddragons
Question breeders moved and now dont breed

Can anyone give me some advice. We use to have our beardies all over our house and they bread just fine when it was set up that way. Well about 6 months ago we created a room just for them and now no one wants to bread. Are they to hot? IS it because they can see everyone else? What is going on? Any advice would be greatful. We really want some more babies but not sure where we are going wrong. We are in the process of trying to sell the house so we cannot go back to having them all around the house as before.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
Vince
hey debi, I know sometimes if a male is housed with the females 24/7 he may loose intrest, or at very least his sex drive will be dulled. Is it there breeding season now? most people allow there beardies to hibernate also. how long have you been breeding ?

Old 09-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
pddragons
I have been breeding for about six years. They just came out of their brumation. They were all moved to a new room. They used to be scattered throughout the house but now reside within one room. Not housed together. I wander if it is the temperature in the room. I don't think it is right. It seems to be staying around 100 in the room. Any ideas?

Old 09-25-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
jenn_jeffery
If you're trying to sell your house, you would probably be better off waiting anyway, so you don't have to move gravid dragons and stress them even more, or try and move eggs.

Wait until you have them setup in their new home and then see what happens. Plus it's not really breeding 'seaon' for dragons, as quite a few are probably trying to brumate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!