Thinking about breeding as a business, stuck on property issues. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Dansolt929
Thinking about breeding as a business, stuck on property issues.

So I've been keeping reptiles for a few years now, and I've been toying with the idea of breeding a few of my current snakes (mostly balls and my male burm when he comes of age for the time being.)

Now I live in York County, PA, and I'm having some trouble figuring out what type of property would be best for later becoming a licensed home breeding facility, which I would one day hope to accomplish assuming the business takes off. I've been told breeding any animal including small/large reptiles was considered farming, and I would be required to buy property zoned agricultural if I wished to seriously pursue this hobby as a serious business. I'm not sure if a commercial or commercial/residential property would allow that type of business. I would like to keep my business in the York, Berks, Philly area, but am not largely familiar with local zoning laws or anything http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad&f=15similar, which is why I seek advice from those in my area.

I'm looking for some feedback from some established breeders of like animals about they're process becoming certified and licensed, costs of licenses, and/or zoning issues any of you may have had getting your business afloat. I'm mostly intrigued about the zoning issues.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Dansolt929
Don't know how that link got added, I apologize for the odd placement and confusion lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!