Using Pill/Potato Bugs To Claen Your Cage? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
dcondie
Using Pill/Potato Bugs To Claen Your Cage?

So i just read an interesting tidbit about using pill/potato bugs to clean up leftover bug pieces, mold and poop. they said people who keep tarantulas commonly do this i was wondering if anybody did this with their reptiles? i understand that most likely whatever you keep will just eat them but i found it interesting and thought i'd ask.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
rosebud945
Well, don't you get those in cricket shipments? If so, some do end up in my reptile tanks, but they don't really keep the tank clean. They poop too. lol I guess they change the texture of the waste, maybe. I also worry that they will start on the lizards when there are no other dining options for them, so I remove them if my lizards don't eat them. Interesting idea, though. If you have arboreal reptiles that don't spend as much time on the enclosure floor as terrestrial reptiles, they might be good.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
lauraleellbp
Yes pill bugs (isopods) make fantastic clean-up-crews!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Gargoyle Queen
You can also use springtails. I personally think clean-up-crews work best in a planted vivarium with display animals. I don't care for them myself though...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!