feeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
dawnp
feeding

hi hope someone can help me soon, i have three adult beardied dragons, very healthymy problem is they laid some eggs and they hatched out saturday 30th august, only two were fertile, the pet shop told us to feed them baby crickets, but they are frightened of them and wont eat, have not seen them eat at all, temperature is perfect and they look a bit thin but very active, how can i encourage them to feed, thanks

Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Well, since they were just hatched they have to absorb their yolk sac first before they will begin eating. Have they succesfully done that I presume?
One reason they might be scared of the baby crickets is you might be putting too many in with them to where it is overwhelming them.
Try putting each one by itself in a feeding bin & use just a few at a time, to see if he will eat. That may help quite a bit.
Make sure that you keep them hydrated daily, as well, through baths.
Are your temps optimal, as well? Are you using a bright white light & a UVB source directly beside it?
What are you measuring the temps with?

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!