PayPal... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
PayPal...

... is really pisssssin me off right now. I currently have $XXXX setting in paypal due to a sale of 25 snakes that I am due to ship out on monday. I have been talking with a seller here for the last couple of days about purchasing a snake. We agreed on a price and shipping date and she sends me an invoice for payment.

HOWEVER

Paypal wont let me use my credit card on file to pay the invoice. From what I gather from their site... their stance is... you have money in your account you dont need other sources of funding.

B.S. Yeah... the money is there, but its not mine till the transaction is done. Which will be Tuesday at the earliest and Wednesday at the latest.

Here is the kicker.... In order to use my credit card (which is the only way I will make purchases online anymore) is to drain my paypal account then pay the invoice. This is the only way I will get the option for funding via other sources. This will probably add another day on getting the seller paid.

It just pisses me off that I have to put the seller thru this because paypal wont cooperate. I could have her paid right here... right now... if I could use my card associated with the account.

I need other options for payment processing because PayPal is interfeering with my business and the business of those I do business with. Any ideas?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
hhmoore
Apparently, Google Checkout has lifted their prohibition on using their service for live animal transactions. I haven't checked them out yet, but I plan to do so (I've been increasingly disenchanted with PayPal).

Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
You can move it, and not spend it. I do have the option of keeping my Paypal account empty, and I dont' spend it, and thus can refund any funds immediately if necessary.

*just learning how to do the 'refund' thingy.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
Move it to where? If its not in 'paypal' how do you refund immediately if necessary?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Move it to where? If its not in 'paypal' how do you refund immediately if necessary?
Move it to your bank account. Then move it back if it becomes necessary, by doing a refund and Paypal goes into your account.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Southern Wolf
I recently ditched Citibank because they decided they wanted to get greedy with my money. That was who my paypal was tied to. I am in the process of getting everything switched over to my new bank (which should be complete in a couple of days)... then I can transfer the money out.

I've never had to transfer money in so I didnt know how quick it was. Thats good to know...as I will transfer the funds out as soon as I get confirmed. This way I can get my seller paid quicker.

Thanks Deb

Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
hhmoore
The transfer to your bank still takes a few days.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
HyderHouseHerps
It comes out of your paypal right away, just takes a few days to show up in the bank so if you're not planning on spending it, it doesn't matter.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
My understanding is he just wanted to "empty" PayPal temporarily, so that they wouldn't force him to use the money in the account because he wanted to use his credit card.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Yeah... the money is there, but its not mine till the transaction is done. Which will be Tuesday at the earliest and Wednesday at the latest.
Good job!!

Not everyone thinks like this but your doing the right thing. It does suck sometimes, but it's still the right way to be....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!