Basha Kill New York - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
RoyalPythonPros
Basha Kill New York

So Monday 5/20 my girlfriend Laura and I decided to forget about everything for the day and head out to see what we can find out in the Basha Kill. For anyone who loves birds it's known for having the most species of birds in one place anywhere in the US. It also has tons of fish and reptiles all over the more than 2,000 acres. I was lucky enough to grow up here and spent tons of time wandering through here checking out all the wildlife and fishing. I decided to show her around and try to see what kinds of reptiles we could catch. First check out the view and I'll add a bunch of pics of what we saw.

Unfortunately, the small snapping turtle we found first had its lower jaw ripped off and its neck was wide open. Most likely from another snapper.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
RoyalPythonPros
More pics.....
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
RoyalPythonPros
One more......
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!