Bad Guy Brandon Greene - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:32 AM   #51
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Fred View Post
Well being a neutral party, if you are breeding you should be be able to sex a 2+ year old Dragon. While the seller may or may not been able to correctly sex the Dragon if you are a breeder shame on you for pairin females and blaming someone other than yourself for such stupidity.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
If one person can make an incorrect judgment, two (or three if you count the vet) cannot? And that warrants berating the recipient of another person's error? While a buyer has a responsibility to understand what he/she is doing, the onus is on the seller to accurately label the animal in the first place and regardless of what the buyer knows or does not know. The buyer's responsibility for gaining/having the acumen to be able to verify a label is secondary to the seller's label in a business deal. I think the OP needs to get a handle on sexing so as to be more complete as a keeper and breeder, but I think someone newer to the ins and outs of the entire process will be better served by learning via guidance over admonishment.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:38 AM   #52
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I think someone newer to the ins and outs of the entire process will be better served by learning via guidance over admonishment.
I agree.

And even though the onus is on the seller, everyone makes mistakes. Here, I think the real problem is not that the seller made a mistake in sexing, it is his poor communication and refusal to address the issue.
And to me, that is a more serious problem than a sexing error, because it means that future buyers from this seller may have the same issue, that any problems or errors in the sale will not be addressed.
A mis-sexing does not make a Bad Guy. An ignored customer when there are genuine issues does.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:24 AM   #53
Redsky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Fred View Post
Well being a neutral party, if you are breeding you should be be able to sex a 2+ year old Dragon. While the seller may or may not been able to correctly sex the Dragon if you are a breeder shame on you for pairin females and blaming someone other than yourself for such stupidity.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
I guess you also missed the part where the vet sexed this as a male to..... Everyone has an opinion and that's fine I know what they say about opinions and all that...

It is funny how folks post calling names when last I checked this was an adult conversation... I made this post to make others aware of a person selling misleading animals on this board... Originally I thought the problem was one thing when it was really another but at the end of the day the issue is still what it is and he still has not responded... But you make the issue whatever you want if that makes you feel good lol

Old 09-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #54
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree.

And even though the onus is on the seller, everyone makes mistakes. Here, I think the real problem is not that the seller made a mistake in sexing, it is his poor communication and refusal to address the issue.
And to me, that is a more serious problem than a sexing error, because it means that future buyers from this seller may have the same issue, that any problems or errors in the sale will not be addressed.
A mis-sexing does not make a Bad Guy. An ignored customer when there are genuine issues does.
I do agree with you here except on the part of the sexing mistake. She needs to educate herself a little better before jumping into breeding.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #55
Redsky29
I went with what I was told by the seller and the vet....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 09-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #56
Redsky29
Btw I didn't just buy a couple dragons and decide to breed I did two years of research before ever deciding to even attempt to pair my dragons together... Yes I am still learning as well...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #57
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky29 View Post
I went with what I was told by the seller and the vet....
And the seller if he made an error, should be communicating with you.
As your experience grows you will be better able to assessments yourself, confirming what others have said, keeping in mind that everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Becoming an excellent reptile keeper is a process, and even for the most experienced there are always new things to learn.
It is important to research ahead of time especially for husbandry basics: feeding, temps, environment and so on. But time and research will bring more information and expertise.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #58
Redsky29
Thank you Lucille. I joined this board to also learn more and talk to others with the same love for the reptiles. My animals are my family first and foremost. I didn't decide to breed for an income. I own my own real estate company my dragons give me a sense of peace so this was just a hobby i am exploring. I may find breeding them isn't for me at all and they will still be my loved pets....

Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #59
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree.

I agree, mis-sexing can happen. I have done it before, I sent a short tail male hognose, as a female. It was very young but it happened, I owned up to it and made it right. It's not making the mistake that defines who we are, it's how we own the mistake that was made.

To most people a female that size is worth double what a male would be. This mistake, is it a blessing or a curse? You can make of the situation what you want to and I'm glad you have shared your dealings with Brandon. Hopefully it will all work out better for you in the end, being a female.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #60
Redsky29
I am happier it's a female and she weighs 530G so I am very pleased.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!