Bad Guy Beware of Pet Supplies Plus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
ritchierebels2008
Beware of Pet Supplies Plus

I purchased a blood python Monday June 30, 2009 from my local Pet Supplies Plus store. Thursday when I woke up I noticed the snake was dying. The recipt clearly states than any small animal or reptile has a seven day guarantee. 4 days and they will not support their warranty. They refuse to refund my money. BEWARE!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
TheBloodDoctor
sorry to hear you're having a rough time with it. did the snake actually die? did you take the snake back to them or did you just call?

Patrick Dannelley

Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
ritchierebels2008
The snake did die. I called them and they said we will not refund your money.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Jason Kelly
Did they Give any reasoning behind why they wouldn't? I know my local pet supplies plus have completely eliminated all small animals including reptiles. Im curious if that why they wouldnt refund you?

Old 07-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Hawk7
Don't accept "no" on a phone call; you may have talked to someone who doesn't know their a** from a hole in the ground. Don't just call; instead, go back to the store in the 7 days, ask to speak to the Manager, take your receipt. Take the dead snake if you still have it & take a witness.

If they do not give you money back as guaranteed on the receipt, then file a small claims action in your local court. Take a picture of the dead snake for court, take receipt, your witness to court. Get a judgment.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
ritchierebels2008
The manager is the person who refuses to refund the money. We are going Monday to file a small claims suit.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
ritchierebels2008
They said because it was 1/2 price they would not refund the money. They still have small animals and reptiles and are not planning to get rid of them.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Shadera
Hi Travis! Which PSP are you referring to? The one here in Clarksburg stinks as far as management, but the employees are pretty cool for the most part.

As long as you had a receipt, it doesn't matter what you paid for the critter. It died within their limit and you should be reimbursed or offered another.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
ritchierebels2008
I go to the one in Parkesburg. The boss is a bi***.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
Kristi23
Before filing a claim, you should try contacting their corporate office. That's usually all it takes. They will usually side with a customer and call the manager to tell them what to do. It's worth a try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!