Bad Guy its nitro xD - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
reptile143
i know he talked his way out of it when i confronted him and i felt bad not giving hima chance next time i will listen to the more experienced herp keeper, my fault.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #12
PAVLOVK1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile143 View Post
I talked to hhmoore and he suggested not doing business but i gave him the benefit of the doubt and went for it.
What the hell kind of flawed mentality is that? That really sucks you got ripped of man, but if someone like hhmoore, who is a moderator and sees these good/bad guy threads day in and day out told me to avoid dealing with someone, Id take that advice. Too many good folks out there to risk a bad deal.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 AM   #13
reptile143
Dan that is exactly what he said to me about the Savannah he said he received it dead when i know i shipped a healthy animal and he missed the signing of the package which seems like a more probably cause of the death, it it was even dead.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #14
Fangthane
Quote:
he sent me a request to ship him that day so i did so.
I'll leave out the obligatory "you should have listened to Harald" commentary. Given Mr. Rooney's past actions on this site and his refusal to supply a picture, I doubt there's going to be a hell of a lot of demand for proof on your part. However, you should probably post the emails w/headers where he asks you to ship and any relevant subsequent replies. If I were you, I'd keep my eyes on the various classifieds sites looking for any ads this guy posts. He seemed to be the kind of dumbass that might try to sell something he claimed had died in transit.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 AM   #15
Uroboros
Quote:
Dan that is exactly what he said to me about the Savannah he said he received it dead when i know i shipped a healthy animal and he missed the signing of the package which seems like a more probably cause of the death, it it was even dead.
I feel it's true that you got ripped off, animal is either dead or not, who knows. "Nitro" should be accountable for that.

I also feel that you could have avoided this whole mess in the first place, too. One of those things to learn is "An ounce of prevention saves a pound of cure"

Nitro is still liable, but you should listen more.

GL

Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I vaguely remember, a month or so ago, a situation where Chris had worked out a trade for a monitor. I believe that after he sent his part of the trade, the recipient claimed a gecko had died and refused to send the monitor. Is this what you're referring to, Harald? If so, I was always curious as to how that ended up playing out. I tried to go back and find the ad, but I'm guessing it was deleted at some point.
That is the situation I was referring to, but I don't feel it is my place to post the details (despite capplegate sending me all the PMs). I believe Nik did end up deleting that ad, but I have been waiting for Chris to post...because resurrecting it would pointless without his story as evidence of the lies)

Max,
It sucks that you got ripped off...but he's still a kid, so maybe karma will still bite him on the ass. After all, Google can be a when things like this thread come up in a routine search.
On this site, he had listed his location as Cali...until he got called on it (combination of IP locator + requesting shipping quotes with an Illinois zip code).
Plug his email (nik.rooney@yahoo.com) into myspace, and this comes up:
http://www.myspace.com/rooney_moutian

Search Nik Rooney + Illinois, and you get this:
http://profiles.berecruited.com/cgi-...photo=41302994

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
hhmoore
Max - have you notified Nik of this thread?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
reptile143
In an email i told him that the people on fauna would love to hear about this, so if that counts than yes.

Max Retallick

Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
hhmoore
You should probably send him a link.
Could you post the emails, please?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
reptile143
yes, do u want all of them? or just the ones with like real meaning because theres probably about 50

Max Retallick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!