"Alternate" classifieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
tandy4000
"Alternate" classifieds

Rich, I must say that I prefer the "alternate" classifieds immensely over the forum based old system, but it is really annoying having the two systems running at the same time. If there is any way to switch back to the alternate classifieds, that'd be awesome. If we cant switch back, then I think that the alternate classifeds should be done away with so that there aren't two systems up at the same time.

thanks

Old 02-23-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
I like the non forum based one better also, but there is another thread here somewhere where Rich explains that he is having problems with it, coding problems or some such thing. He also noticed when he was looking into it that the old forum based ones were getting a lot of hits from search engine visitors, even though they were year old ads. So if anything we will get both, or just the forum ones, but having just the "alternate" one is probably not an option.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
WebSlave
Yeah, no perfect solution to this one presents itself at the moment. I'm surprised the PhotoPost classifieds doesn't incorporate the search engine friendly coding such as this message board does. But quite honestly, maybe it shouldn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of loose ends in that code that I have found.

So until something better comes along, having both running concurrently seems the only viable way to please as many people as possible using the classifieds.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
If the forum-based classifieds are going to be the preferred area to post ads, will you be bringing back the options that used to be in the user control panel for tracking and adding bolding, highlighting, etc.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
If the forum-based classifieds are going to be the preferred area to post ads, will you be bringing back the options that used to be in the user control panel for tracking and adding bolding, highlighting, etc.
I'm not sure. When I did that previously, I don't think the number of times people used it even paid for what I had to pay my programmer to set it up. With PayPal taking 37 cents out of every dollar, it really wasn't proving to be worthwhile. If I can get something like FaunaAds set up where a member pays into a pool and each ad is drawn from that, or perhaps each level of paid membership has levels of use of this function, maybe that would be the better approach for me to take.

I've got my programmer doing something else for me right now, so if I don't get bogged down with taxes and the breeding season getting ready to dump on me, I'll run this all by him to see what would be most feasible and reasonable to implement.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:10 AM   #6
Milwaukee Reptiles
I justed wanted to revive this thread to find out if there's been any decision about removing one of the two systems. I just realized that during my weekly check of the gecko ads I've been missing posts in the forums because I was only checking the new ad system. It'd be much easier to only have one place to check and/or post. Just curious if any decision has been made.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #7
Bill Stonegate
The "alternate" format is clearly better. You can see a pic of the animal, on the left side, without having to click a lot.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:50 AM   #8
Milwaukee Reptiles
While I tend to agree with you, I'm much more interested in having all ads in one place, instead of two seperate locations that may have duplicate or different ads. I was just looking to see if any decisions have been made about locking/eliminating one of them.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #9
WebSlave
Nope. Each has it's own positives and negatives, and certainly about half the people like one and the other half the other. Since I am bound to get innundated with complaints no matter which way I would go with that, the easiest and most painless thing to do at this point is NOTHING. Members can just use whichever one they like best.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!