"Diluting" BOI threads? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #71
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHicks View Post
No, but I believe I got you. Unless it's not just you helping with "customer service" you've lied at least once. At least I didn't lie to actual people, merely a faceless website, you on the other hand...
No you didn't get me. Why dont you read up on how business is run... then come back to this conversation. I have folks that help me with my business when I need it.... therefore WE. I also have someone that could have a part in the business anytime he wants it.... therefore WE. They also cant claim the business profits on their taxes because its not in their name. I believe Judy is 100% correct. You just cant fathom that some folks choose not to lie because apparetly you do it enough that you think it is common practice.

If I was prone to lying... dont you think I would have lied to Catherine to make a sale... Telling the truth cost me $$$, but you know what.... it also gained me respect. I'll take respect over $$$ any day.

Quote:
If I sit back and make the argument that everyone lies, I'm being honest. If you contradict me, you're being dishonest.
So because I dont subscribe to your train of thought... Im dishonest.

Tell ya what scooter..... look up the word integrety then maybe you will understand a thing or two.

Do you realize that I was asked by someone here to look over some stuff and report back to the community. Do you also realize that someone is not very highly thought of, and because of my integrity they asked me because they knew I would be impartial and report the truth back to everyone else here. Do you realize that the members here think enough of my integrety that they also knew I would report the truth.

You have already shown that your willing to lie if you think it will get you what you want (access to HELL). I've already shown that Im willing to tell the truth and loose a very nice sale.

Its about respect, integrity, and morals... and guess what. I have those.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #72
JudyC
I'm just going to address one more reply to Thomas and then I believe I am done with this thread. (Not going to promise to be done with it, but I believe I will be. )

Thomas...I never said I have never told a lie in my life. And I never said that myself or ANYone is perfect. What YOU said was that people can't go ten minutes without telling a lie. YOU said that a person can't go a whole day without telling a lie.

I'M telling you that you're wrong. But you can't conceive of that fact because that is the way you live your life. People CAN and DO choose to live life honestly and do so on a consistent, daily basis. Am I saying everyone is perfect? Certainly not. But I know for absolute certainty that lying is NOT a common or daily part of the routine of a man or woman of integrity. Period.

And yes, I've seen "The Invention of Lying"....it's an interesting movie. But what you fail to realize is that there is a HUGE difference between holding your tongue to not say something mean (which they were incapable of doing in that movie ) and LYING to someone. The entire movie was NOT based on on the premise of living life honestly...it was based on the premise of the "common man" not being able to guard his own tongue.

You need to realize that there is way more to this world, and the people in it, than your own little insular bubble contains.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #73
Southern Wolf
Quote:
I don't care if the ten or so "big boys" like me or not. Worrying about that is what the real world is for. I don't play forum politics. And the actual reptile portion of this forum is really slow... I'd post more if more was going on there.

TBH
And for the record... Rich Z was one of the big boys... I am but merely a small fish in a big pond. I produce less than 500 babies a year. I am still a small time breeder in the grand scheme of things.

So dont be going around trying to make me out as something I'm not. I never claimed to be one of the Big Boys.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #74
Lucille
Quote:
I don't care if the ten or so "big boys" like me or not.
This is not about being liked by the movers and shakers. My comment has to do with being accepted by all in a community. In fact, the real measure of a person is how they act toward those who are not influential or powerful or wealthy. Common courtesy should be common to all.

Thomas, I am giving you good advice. Think on it.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #75
Mister Internet
I tried to warn everyone... he loves this. Every time he knows he's taken 5 minutes of your day and "forced" you to respond to him, the silly grin on his face gets a little bigger. He loves everything about stirring trouble, causing drama, and using his deftly annoying personal mannerisms to keep otherwise useless threads going, or derail perfectly good threads with diversions of his choosing.

If you all are going to keep humoring him, he'll keep it going... it's all he knows how to do. I'm the one that banned him from AB, and I did it with a smile on my face... he brings down the mood of every forum he's ever been on, eventually. I'm addressing him in the 3rd person so he doesn't get the wrong idea that I've diverted time from other activities to address him personally, though he'll no doubt take pleasure in in by proxy.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #76
Lucille
Thanks for the heads up Tom, I'll respond only if he is discussing appropriate reptile info, in an appropriate manner, to show him that he CAN be accepted here. I find it ironic that he is known for keeping threads going when his complaint on this one was that certain threads are too long.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #77
hhmoore
Thankfully, I've had enough other things going on that I've pretty much ignored this thread. I'm not going to waste a lot of time here, so....
Thomas,
While this particular forum is less restricted regarding keeping things "on topic", it is not a playground. If you want to belabor random discussions that have little - or nothing - to do with the operations or policies of this site, please take it to an appropriate forum.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #78
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
So you are a sheep, one who must follow versus lead. Not surprising.

Funny how you initially ask why threads go on and on yet you continue to pursue varying topics other then the original topic at hand.
No, if I was a "sheep/follower" I would care about my rep and not have started this thread. I don't feel like I've done anything worthy of starting a thread, I've started a couple in the past based on current news but nothing herp related, I don't have a question, don't take pictures and haven't bred anything. So why would I start a new thread?

It's actually funny that someone who 99.9% of the time agrees with the community and has a rep through the roof would even think to call someone like me a "sheep." In what world is someone who disagrees and voices their opinion a sheep? I'd be more inclined to call someone with rep and popularity a sheep, but who the heck cares what I think, you're not going to attempt to interpret it to any extent anyway. So tell me who the sheep is?

I'm not making this thread go on, I'm just not accepting the attacks and accusations being flung at me. So I defend myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471
Thomas.. seems as if you are one of the ones that are addicted to Drama.. You're initial question was why can't they limit the BOI to a certain amount of posts and cut out the dribble and it was answered and opinions were given but that wasn't good enough... You had to continue to bring up more issues on your mind and by continuing to post on here it seems as if you are one of the ones that needs the attention.
Sounds like you need to learn how to read. I'm opposed to drama, if you've read any of my posts, you'd know that. I cut it, then someone throws crap at me/threatens my character and I feel the need to defend myself. I've made numerous attempts to end this thread. I accepted my answer after asking a few follow up questions, sure I didn't agree with all of it, but I accepted it regardless. You all are making this thread go on, this is like a chore to me, stop throwing at me and I won't have to explain/defend myself.

Quote:
No you didn't get me. Why dont you read up on how business is run... then come back to this conversation. I have folks that help me with my business when I need it.... therefore WE. I also have someone that could have a part in the business anytime he wants it.... therefore WE. They also cant claim the business profits on their taxes because its not in their name.
But unless they currently help you with customer service specifically, as you did claim, you lied in using the term "we." Them's the breaks.

Quote:
If I was prone to lying... dont you think I would have lied to Catherine to make a sale... Telling the truth cost me $$$, but you know what.... it also gained me respect. I'll take respect over $$$ any day.
So? One instance? Whoopti-do, all that did was make me read a post that really isn't even worth replying to.

Quote:
So because I dont subscribe to your train of thought... Im dishonest.
You're contradicting a fact of human nature that every man should know to be true, so yes... or stupid.

Quote:
Tell ya what scooter..... look up the word integrety then maybe you will understand a thing or two.

Do you realize that I was asked by someone here to look over some stuff and report back to the community. Do you also realize that someone is not very highly thought of, and because of my integrity they asked me because they knew I would be impartial and report the truth back to everyone else here. Do you realize that the members here think enough of my integrety that they also knew I would report the truth.
So? You've got a reputation on an internet forum... I tell you what? Look up the word "relevant" in the dictionary.

Quote:
You have already shown that your willing to lie if you think it will get you what you want (access to HELL). I've already shown that Im willing to tell the truth and loose a very nice sale.
Yeah, and you've shown that you're willing to lie to make your business look like more than it really is. Everyone lies, sorry but it's a fact. It's actually a major stepping stone in child development as well.

TBH

Old 12-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #79
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Thomas...I never said I have never told a lie in my life. And I never said that myself or ANYone is perfect. What YOU said was that people can't go ten minutes without telling a lie. YOU said that a person can't go a whole day without telling a lie.
No, I said statistically speaking 60% lied in an average ten minute conversation. I said that the vast majority, if they're social to any extent couldn't go a whole day without telling a lie.

Quote:
I'M telling you that you're wrong. But you can't conceive of that fact because that is the way you live your life. People CAN and DO choose to live life honestly and do so on a consistent, daily basis. Am I saying everyone is perfect? Certainly not. But I know for absolute certainty that lying is NOT a common or daily part of the routine of a man or woman of integrity. Period.
Integrity knows lies as well. They keep people comfortable, happy and safe. Only one who is truly insensitive and courageous could go long without telling a lie, including those by omission. Lying is human nature, sorry, it just is.

Quote:
And yes, I've seen "The Invention of Lying"....it's an interesting movie. But what you fail to realize is that there is a HUGE difference between holding your tongue to not say something mean (which they were incapable of doing in that movie ) and LYING to someone. The entire movie was NOT based on on the premise of living life honestly...it was based on the premise of the "common man" not being able to guard his own tongue.
True, it did have a lot to do with openness, but lying was also a big factor, don't forget that lying by ommission is lying in and of itself. Notice that the world was cold to the main character because no one could ever tell him how they felt without hurting him. Lies often comfort people and that's what the world was lacking.

Quote:
You need to realize that there is way more to this world, and the people in it, than your own little insular bubble contains.
Believe me, you have no idea who you're talking to when you say that. Just because I disagree with you I must be less experienced, eh?

TBH

Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #80
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
This is not about being liked by the movers and shakers. My comment has to do with being accepted by all in a community. In fact, the real measure of a person is how they act toward those who are not influential or powerful or wealthy. Common courtesy should be common to all.

Thomas, I am giving you good advice. Think on it.
Um... sorry, wrong motivational statement. What have I done to show that I respect those lower on the totem pole than those higher?

Quote:
I find it ironic that he is known for keeping threads going when his complaint on this one was that certain threads are too long.
Want to re-read this one? I'm defending myself from that that was thrown at me by Kevin, you all jumped in so now I'm defending myself against you all too. Defense =/= perpetuation.

Quote:
And for the record... Rich Z was one of the big boys... I am but merely a small fish in a big pond. I produce less than 500 babies a year. I am still a small time breeder in the grand scheme of things.

So dont be going around trying to make me out as something I'm not. I never claimed to be one of the Big Boys.
I wasn't referring to how much you produced for the industry. I was referring to how many posts you've made on this site, your reputation and name you've made for yourself here. This site is not representative of the industry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!