Requiring pictures with listings? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
crestedgecko17
Requiring pictures with listings?

It's just kind of annoying seeing people post without pictures asking to text or email for pictures. I don't know I just find it less professional.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
hhmoore
It's a choice people have to make for themselves.
A lot of people won't bother to contact them, but some will. I suppose some sellers think of it as weeding out less serious inquiries...I view sending multiple pics to individuals, vs posting them, to be a huge waste of my time. Some people post largely from their smart phones, and they may find it easier to text/email than post attachments. Then, there are the ones that don't want to post because it increases the likelihood that somebody will recognize the images they took from another breeder's site, Google, etc.

Regardless of anybody's reason for not posting pictures, I think it unlikely that it will be made a requirement to do so.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
WebSlave
In this day and age, I personally think it's rather ill conceived of anyone to not utilize every advantage they can come up with in order to try to sell their animals. With the number of options available for people to take photos and provide them in ads on the internet, seriously, it's hard to defend any excuse for not doing so. But make it a rule? Nope, that's just not going to happen. I try to give people a lot of freedom here, even if it means allowing them to choose unwisely sometimes. Choosing to NOT provide photos to catch the eyes and interest of someone, in my opinion, is just plain foolish. Why make a rule to try to smarten them up? The marketplace will tend to weed them out sooner or later, I suppose.

But you want to know something else that has always baffled me? Why in the world would someone go through all the effort to list something for sale and then neglect to provide one of the most important bits of information to a reader? I'm talking about price, of course. I don't know how many times I have asked for information over the years on something or another from a seller (in all types of lines of interest) and then gotten expensive copy sent to me with everything BUT the price enclosed. Well, I just throw it in the trash, of course. And put the seller on the list of companies that are just wasting my time. If they feel the need to have a fast talking salesman trying to set a hook in me, then that is a near certainty that they want more than even they think they should be selling it for.

To paraphrase a popular saying, "If I have to ask, then it's probably worth more to you than to me, anyway."

And I NEVER play the game of "Well, how much are you willing to pay for it?" If YOU are offering it for sale, state the blasted price you want and be done with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!