"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #11
Catfish44
Robert just like I told Dennis this site is an outstanding classified but the BOI section has become an unfair and forbidding place for outsiders. And Robert the reason I posted in this thread is I wanted to ask rich a question in a public place.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish44 View Post
the BOI section has become an unfair and forbidding place for outsiders.
It hasn't stopped you. In your 27 (as of now) posts, you've jumped right in and participated in five BOI threads.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
Catfish44
I'm not here to argue with ya ms Lucille, yes I've attempted to be a part of it that is what I base my opinions off of maam. The attached message is the kind of response I get maam.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
Lucille
Your presented evidence says in your own words that you recognize the feedback was opinion and so made no difference to you. Now, all of a sudden, because of the feedback (not the BOI) you are labeling the entire place as 'unfair and forbidding'.

Any readers know how to pull up statistics? If the BOI is that forbidding, you would think that people would stop posting there. Anyone know how to pull up the number of BOI threads initiated in the last year?

Old 09-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Catfish44
Like I said Lucille I'm not here to argue with you I was just stating why I ,as well as many others, think that the boi is as I stated. People still use the boi no doubt about it but I can't help but notice the other feedback pages are rapidly growing in popularity and when asked why people state the same thing I've said.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
Robert Walker
Quote:
BOI section has become an unfair and forbidding place for outsiders.
The BOI follows rules, and the neat thing is they apply to everyone, including myself. If I mess up, I get called out on breaking a rule just like any one else. It is the fairness that makes the BOI reliable, no favorites from Fauna. If a particular user gives you negative Karma and you get sad about it, that is between you and that user and has nothing do with the BOI.

The BOI is a place to get to the facts, stop scammers, find truth, weed out the bull and help users get some help. Weeding out BS inevitably is going to make someone upset. Eventually someone is going to cry "unfair". One of the things the BOI requires is proof and not annoynomous third party quotes like below:

Quote:
just stating why I ,as well as many others, think that the boi is as I stated. ... when asked why people state the same thing I've said.
For every person you say jumps ship to FB because of hurt feelings, here come others to Fauna who couldn't get any "real" help on FB. Of the last 5 BOI complaints, 2 where people who came here looking for help they couldn't get on FB.

1. I dealt with this on Facebook back in May
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...08&postcount=1

2. I posted in the original group the ad was in and I believe the admins took it down. I posted in a FB BOI but didn't tag him because I was afraid it would be reported by him too.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...29&postcount=3

What do people want out of a feedback system?
Warm fuzzies with little results OR truth diggers and help

You got your feelings hurt by some negative karma, so what, man up. I'm sure if FB had a similar system of Karma, you might be surprised to find out what others think there too. In my opinion if FB feedback has any success it attributed to FB's connectivity and speed at which anyone can attempt to duplicate the BOI, and not the feedback page's effectiveness or reliability.

Someone doesn't like the Board of Inquiry, they go join some random FB feedback site. They get their feelings hurt there too and join a different one. They get their feelings hurt there and decide they will start their own. Before you know it is them and 20 of the friends running in circles only. Easy to create warm fuzzies with you and 20 buddies instead maintaining a the BOI with 1000's and 1000's of feelings waiting to be hurt

Old 09-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
Catfish44
And that's the difference Robert you feel like this is a fair BOI I do not. You feel like the FB feedback system is a joke same way I feel this one is. Luckily we both can believe what we want that's the beauty of a democratic system. I will agree people have been doing a lot of feedback shopping which is causing a rift between the two systems. The Lisha Stearns/Kevin Keller case is a prime example of this. Kevin didn't get the answers/feedback he wanted on Facebook so he came here and started a thread. Lisha feels like she can't get sound advice over here so she remains mainly on the Facebook one which ultimately causes a rift between groups. Thank you for your feedback Robert.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #18
Basand
I do think this is a fair BOI. No posts are deleted. No threads deleted. No modification of posts. It is all there is green and black. These facebook pages allow the admins to modify what happens, what is posted, etc. If you can't handle having your thread picked apart then what happens if we go to your site and do it?

We get blocked? Posts deleted? What about if we post a bad post about your buddies? Deleted? Moderated?

I can go post a bad BOI against a mod here and it wont get deleted. It will remain in the history.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #19
Robert Walker

Old 09-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #20
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
What would be the right way?

You are actively trying to harm this site. I don't think you are going to get one minute.
Quote:
I'm sorry if this taken the wrong way however would you happen to have the serial or registration number for "BOI"? I can find the trademarks on "board of inquiry" but can't seem to locate the one for BOI. Thanks, Wes.
So you can say that this forum is using underhanded tactics...(which in fact Rich is not...But anyway) and then you want to be treated with respect and have your questions answered? You're trying to infringe on his trademark and you want him to address you? You're real smart

G'luck with that, and your little attitude you have towards this site. Seems you're with the right people on those FB BOI...Like Christine Kilroy. Yep, great person to be around out there. Considering how she screwed over a member on here and got sympathy for herself from everyone for things that NEVER happened and she lied about. Enjoy the company you keep.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!