"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #31
MayhemInc
So basically most of those groups are "BOI" not "Board of Inquiry" on Facebook. Why is it even mentioned here if BOI is trade marked by Sean Michael Anderson Apparel?

Like the thread about Tyson Shuler/Finneagan the group is "FB BOI" not FB Board of Inquiry.

The other group is BOI reptile feedback.

So if the BOI isn't trademarked to you what is everyone getting bent out of shape over?

Old 09-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #32
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemInc View Post
So if the BOI isn't trademarked to you what is everyone getting bent out of shape over?
Seriously? If there isn't a common sense answer already apparent to you, I for one can't even muster the energy to water it down further and make it any clearer.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #33
MayhemInc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Seriously? If there isn't a common sense answer already apparent to you, I for one can't even muster the energy to water it down further and make it any clearer.
The term BOI isn't trademarked with the owner of Board of Inquiry.

Legally speaking using the Term BOI has nothing to do with Board of Inquiry, not a thing you can do about it, get over it.

Yes I know people refer to Board of Inquiry as BOI, do I think it's petty that people are bent out of shape over a Facebook group using that yup I sure do no one is making money off any of those groups.

Again legally speaking, if the term BOI is not trademarked along side of Board of Inquiry, and people can use BOI all they want nothing the owner here can do about it.

Cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Quit being petty, especially when you have no right to be.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #34
Robert Walker
Deedle, curious, do you own an actual business in real life or do you work for someone else?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #35
MayhemInc
Quote:
Deedle, curious, do you own an actual business in real life or do you work for someone else?
Curious

Does it matter to this conversation? Is this question relevant to this conversation? Nope.

No one is making money calling themselves BOI, its not legally trade marked by the owner here. If someone was calling themselves "Board of Inquiry" outside of here you might have a point. If you could prove they were making money off it, slandering this business, or taking away the business to this site then no it would not be petty at that point (I could explain more reasons this site is losing business or not gaining more, hint lack of social presence).

You know maybe (hint) the board of inquiry should just be on social media as well, have the facebook link to the website or such.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #36
Robert Walker
Quote:
Legally speaking... Again legally speaking,...
1. The question about you being a business owner or an employee was simply a question to gauge if you were actually trying to have conversation to reach an understanding to your original question like you pretended OR if you are simply here on Fauna to stir the pot. By totally avoiding the question, I now know for sure why you are really here. thanks!

2. Thanks for all your "legally speaking" talking points. I'll be sure to use you as legal reference in a court of law as it appears we should conform to your supposed understanding of the law versus hearing a verdict of an actual Trademark Judge.

Quote:
If you could prove they were making money off it, slandering this business, or taking away the business to this site then no it would not be petty at that point .
How do you know this hasn't already been proven but the legal system and others involved decided not to include part-time legal adviser Deedle in their proceedings because it is none of your business?

Cry petty, stir the pot, no one owes you any background information.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
no one owes you any background information.
Excellent post, and a good response to those either visiting or sent, that are perhaps trying to see how this is going to be handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
In my opinion since legal proceedings have been initiated, particulars should not necessarily be discussed in public. The infringement issues will not be tried here; and neither will they be tried on any other site.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #38
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
or sent
Very apparent when they are sent.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #39
Fangthane
I'm thinking that a couple of people in the Fakebook crowd must have been playing hookie from law school on the day that they surely must have gone into how the Public Use Doctrine can and sometimes will offer protection to the owner of trademarked terms that others have sought to abbreviate and use for their own gain. The reptile context alone seems to make the case nearly a no-brainer to win. Google...make friends with it.

I personally don't really care much about the legal aspects, as they're solely Rich's to pursue. What I DO care about, is seeing something I absolutely DO believe in - the REAL BOI - being twisted and perverted by people who have zero interest in helping anyone but themselves and their own petty interests. The fact that crucial information can and will be made to conveniently disappear, says all that really need be said about those who directly involve themselves with such laughably shoddy imitations.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #40
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
I'm thinking that a couple of people in the Fakebook crowd must have been playing hookie from law school on the day that they surely must have gone into how the Public Use Doctrine can and sometimes will offer protection to the owner of trademarked terms that others have sought to abbreviate and use for their own gain. The reptile context alone seems to make the case nearly a no-brainer to win. Google...make friends with it.

I personally don't really care much about the legal aspects, as they're solely Rich's to pursue. What I DO care about, is seeing something I absolutely DO believe in - the REAL BOI - being twisted and perverted by people who have zero interest in helping anyone but themselves and their own petty interests. The fact that crucial information can and will be made to conveniently disappear, says all that really need be said about those who directly involve themselves with such laughably shoddy imitations.

the "facebook BOI" stands for what? Board of Inquiry I bet.
Not only that, the purpose of the FB BOI is the same as the real Board of Inquiry (just a watered down, polarized, manipulate-able version).
Exactly

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!