"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #51
Mister Internet
Huh... here's an imposter site being run by none other than Bob Sloan, lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/547664042046281/

Appears it's mostly for revenge/acting out against people he doesn't like though... all the "members" of the group were added by him, and he seems to want them to react strongly to being associated with something of his.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #52
WebSlave
I filed a trademark infringement claim with Facebook. If the past is any guide concerning this, the page won't be up for long.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #53
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemInc View Post
No one is making money calling themselves BOI, its not legally trade marked by the owner here.
It would appear that this is very shortly no longer going to be the case... a USPTO search before the next time you open your mouth would be helpful.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #54
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Huh... here's an imposter site being run by none other than Bob Sloan, lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/547664042046281/

Appears it's mostly for revenge/acting out against people he doesn't like though... all the "members" of the group were added by him, and he seems to want them to react strongly to being associated with something of his.
Mr. Sloan's attempt at abusively using my trademark has been removed by Facebook.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #55
WebSlave
It looks like Mr. Sloan is not happy about this....

Quote:
On 11/7/2014 11:55 AM, bob sloan wrote:
> Nice try dickhead. I know where you live and I will make sure your life is a s**t storm from now on. Cover up cause the s**t storm is coming you c**ks**king f****t
Tell me, is there anyone in this business that Mr. Sloan HASN'T threatened?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #56
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

I wonder if this would constitute any conditions of release due to his previous guest stays with the prison system... that is certainly an imminent and physical threat to your person, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #57
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

That was pretty mild for Sloan.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #58
Mister Internet
Interesting that they responded so quickly on that one, yet the main imposter group on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/boireptilefeedback/) is still going strong...

Old 11-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #59
WebSlave
It will be unfortunate for those people to lose their groups entirely if Facebook needs to get involved in a trademark issue concerning the ill conceived choice of name their group's creators decided on, ignoring ethics, common courtesy, and federal law concerning trademarks. That seems to be Facebook's policy: simply remove the group or page without the option of changing the group's name after the complaint has been filed with them. If some people wish to infringe on a trademark and refuse to recognize what a trademark is all about, and save their group by simply changing the name, then I guess that is their choice to make. I HAVE to make every effort to protect my trademark, otherwise I lose my rights to it.

So they can consider this notice here as fair warning. I'm sure many of those people are now aware of this issue, and I'm just glad to see that Facebook is not a safe harbor for those who want to flaunt the law.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #60
Mister Internet
Seems the "main" "BOI" group on FB is still using the moniker, even though it is now properly trademarked and registered with USPTO... can we look forward to that group being shut down sometime soon as well?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!