The Latest Step In Fighting Crime At Reptiles Shows!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 05-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #11
TimCoplan
I see it! I think the website is a great idea, and there should also be one for deals gone bad. Where is Tim Bowles? He needs to be on that site! I think its kinda funny seeing those people's mug shots on there!

Old 05-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #12
Dennis Gulla
Excellent Post Chris! I could not have said it any better myself! Neal's morals are very selective at best!

Old 05-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #13
Neil Gubitz
This website was created by Tony, published in "Reptiles Magazine" by Tony, and is completely HIS.... all I did was direct him to where their pictures could be located.... he decided all by himself who should be in it.... it's purely coincidence that all three are the scum of Tampa....
I, also, proofed a lot of the copy that was written, and made numerous changes, which were NOT used.... that's why there are so many grammatical errors in the copy....
Talk to Tony about any of your concerns.... this is HIS baby to deal with.... the only reason I posted it here, is because Tony already put it in "Reptiles Magazine", along with all the pictures you see.... I THOUGHT you guys would be interested in seeing it....

Neil

Old 05-21-2004, 10:29 AM   #14
ScottsReptiles
Re: The Latest Step In Fighting Crime At Reptiles Shows!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Gubitz
Just recently, Tony Cueto (promoter of the Tampa and F.I.R.E. Reptile Shows), with a little help from me, started a NEW website in order to stop crime at our shows.... It will prove to be so helpful, that "Reptiles Magazine", has put a whole article right in the front of the new issue (on sale now)....

Click on....

http://www.ReptileShowCrooks.com

You guys will LOVE THIS!!

Enjoy....

Neil
GREAT website!! I hope all show promoters participate on it!

Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #15
Wilomn
Re: I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by gila7150
Neil,
So what you're telling us is if someone steals at a reptile show you're after them like a fly on sh*t
...but if someone steals on the internet (Sal), you're their friend to the end.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy here?

Gee Whiz Gila, I just DON'T know what you mean. It's almost as if.... no it couldn't be that, not from neil.

Well.................

Do you REALLY think he might have more than one standard for everyone?

It must just be me because that just WOULDN'T be right. And we ALL know that if gubitz does it, it MUST be right. Right?

I'm soooooooooooo confused.

Help me Gila, help me.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:04 PM   #16
sputnik
GREAT IDEA TONY

Well done Tony Cueto!

This is a great idea. I hope it works well and brings those steal to some sort of justice.

Maybe the next step will be for online theifs!

Old 05-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #17
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I think the website is a great idea, and there should also be one for deals gone bad.
Quote:
Maybe the next step will be for online theifs!
... BOI, anyone remember it? Maybe? Anyone?

I still think that calling them criminals prior to conviction is only setting up a libel suit and find it highly suspicious that those three are the only ones listed. There are far more and far more dangerous theives than that crew- where are the warnings?

Old 05-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #18
sputnik
Nope!

Quote:
... BOI, anyone remember it? Maybe? Anyone
Nope, didn't forget it, but the BOI isn't the "be all, end all" to this problem. Tony's idea (website) is just another tool in the fight against reptile crims.

And it's a problem that needs a lot of tools. It sure can't hurt!

Quote:
I still think that calling them criminals prior to conviction is only setting up a libel suit and find it highly suspicious that those three are the only ones listed. There are far more and far more dangerous theives than that crew- where are the warnings?
I agree totally!!!!!

Old 05-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #19
Stardust
I agree that although this is a great idea, it is a lawsuit just waiting to happen!
If any one of these people get off on a technicality or plea bargain to a lesser charge, especially one that has nothing to do with reptiles, guess what? I surely would even go so far to say that if this is very public lawyers would be seeking these people out to tell them what they have in the way of lawsuits to those who helped and participated as well.
There are plenty of cases of the suspect, no matter how incriminating the evidence, becomes the "victim" because people were over- zealous in their pursuit of justice.
Great idea, bad timing and wording.

Old 05-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #20
KNOBTAIL
the idea has merit, however

the information that should be posted at this website should be what is generally available through information that has already been provided to the public.

It is not a crime to let people know that someone has been arrested for theft if that is already public knowledge. A followup as to the final disposition should also be made available once the information is made public.

The only value I can see would be if every promotor got involved as well as other outlets such as retail operations, hobbyists, etc. But the criteria has to be a legal arrest for a crime related to Herps. That would be a tough call considering that in most cases people would want their animals back and not peruse the case any longer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!