Some Jungle giant photos to celebrate the new year :) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #11
Manhattan Herps
here too huh

read the email i just sent you.

i wonder why she look incredibly dull that that photo..and yet she looks so colorful and vibrant when i look at her, hmm...maybe she's just happy to be home

that was very childish of you ryan..trying to make me look bad

she looks nothing like she does in your photo, she's not that dull my friend, funny how you never said anything before..but now that we're arguing you decide to post that on 2 forums. LOL how childish

the contrast on the camera was high, which i fixed, but it did not alter her true colors, only her tail, and highlights are abnormally bright, she is not orange in the photo, the only orange on her is the highlighs, her tail and her head, wich are the same in reality, just less contrasted

here are pictures of her with the contrast fixed, and with her parents
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #12
Manhattan Herps
now i wonder..titan and kate both look pretty dull, from breeding..and yet she still looks vibrant, HMMMMMMMMMM

Old 01-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #13
princesskain
My personal experience

I can't speak for the gecko in question as I've never seen it in person. But I recently purchased the super tangerine tremper albino that Dan had for sale. The gecko I received looks just like the photo's he was advertised in. I realize that is somewhat irrelevant to the current issue about that particular female. But I was not deceived by Dan's photo's of the male. (Which to me speaks loudly, as I have felt let down on a number of reptiles that I purchased online).

Here is a link to the thread on fauna classifieds, and then a picture of the male with one of my females a few days after he arrived.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=28&page=9

I am not trying to stir the pot, I just wanted to add my positive experience with Dan's pictures/geckos on this thread.

Thanks,
Hailey
www.IDGecko.com

Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
Valerie
Alright, well I wasn't going to post here, but after reading your post I am. Again, stop with the childish crap, because you have no RIGHT to call anyone childish. I am sick and tired of dealing with this crap.

Yeah Dan, I bet that because she's happy to be back in your care she magically turned orange. We did a TERRIBLE job taking care of her...you can tell by her size..4 months old and 70 grams. Wow, we really must have been horrible to her. It's funny that you'd say that though, because I do believe you emailed Ryan telling him how great she looks.

I fed that gecko everyday for a few months. I saw her everyday with my own eyes..if I am so wrong on her color, then I better get myself to a doctor. I don't know who you think you're trying to fool.

The reason Ryan decided to say something, is because we cared for that gecko for months, and like I said- saw her everyday. When I opened your post, and saw an orange gecko..and you saying "the colors are perfect" we knew otherwise. You can say that the contrast is up all you want, but there's other issues with your camera as well..the picture of her and the parents 'fixed' still isn't even close. The picture Ryan posted of her is accurate whether you chose to believe it or not.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
Jeremy Letkey
I have to say that there is obviously more going on here than most people know. I would suggest that any further comments are taken to the BOI.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #16
U1SICKBOY
That is one awesome looking Gecko!!

Old 01-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
surfrkidts
Quote:
Originally Posted by U1SICKBOY
That is one awesome looking Gecko!!
um did you just look at the pictures or something?

Old 01-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #18
U1SICKBOY
umm...yes I did and what I saw was a great looking gecko!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #19
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie
Alright, well I wasn't going to post here, but after reading your post I am. Again, stop with the childish crap, because you have no RIGHT to call anyone childish. I am sick and tired of dealing with this crap.

Yeah Dan, I bet that because she's happy to be back in your care she magically turned orange. We did a TERRIBLE job taking care of her...you can tell by her size..4 months old and 70 grams. Wow, we really must have been horrible to her. It's funny that you'd say that though, because I do believe you emailed Ryan telling him how great she looks.

I fed that gecko everyday for a few months. I saw her everyday with my own eyes..if I am so wrong on her color, then I better get myself to a doctor. I don't know who you think you're trying to fool.

The reason Ryan decided to say something, is because we cared for that gecko for months, and like I said- saw her everyday. When I opened your post, and saw an orange gecko..and you saying "the colors are perfect" we knew otherwise. You can say that the contrast is up all you want, but there's other issues with your camera as well..the picture of her and the parents 'fixed' still isn't even close. The picture Ryan posted of her is accurate whether you chose to believe it or not.
you completely took that comment the wrong way, i told ryan she looks great...because she does, i never said you guys didint take good care of her, obviously you did

i still dont see how your saying she is orange in the photos, the only orange i see is her highlights, her head, and her tail

i will invite anyone over to my place to personally see that gecko, it is not as dull as in ryans photo at all

i dont understand how you say the photo of her and her parents is still wrong..their color is exactly how it is if you look at them in person, and since she's in the same photo...

i've said it over and over again, the first photos are contrasted, when you pointed that out to me i worked with it and and got it fixed, her body color is not as dull as in ryan photo, even my grandmother, who cannot see very well says she looks better in person than she does in his photo, you guys can sit there and tell yoursevles she's dull all you want, but she simply isnt

Old 01-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #20
o0 RYAN 0o
My final comments since I've already told you most of I've what I wanted to say. Before this post there was another where you had mentioned that "its a great camera it shows their colors perfectly." Now this more recent post you're having contrast issues. I swear in the past year you've taken about 7500 photos easily. I have a pretty firm feeling you know your cameras inside and out, you love taking photos. Something isn't adding up because at least in my mind, someone who spends that much time taking photos must know a thing or two about coloration with their camera. Stop pushing the color limits of your already nice geckos. The only reason I felt the need to post was like Val said...we watched this leo grow up and she's always looked like this. Watch her grow...

The only differences I've noticed in my photos is slight change in lightness or darkness depending on whether or not I take the photo with my light source or against it. The angle of the shot effects the lightness or darkness of my photos too. I have a few different photos of her growing up that show what I just mentioned. Some of the shots catch them perfectly and some are a little darker. Basically, not every photo you take is sure to come out perfect, but they all represent the leo accurately just in varying degrees of light. The final photo I used the flash.

I'm not out to be childish Dan. I just think it would be in your best interest to set your camera to it’s defaults and invest in some lighting. It will make a world of difference versus toying with the contrast. I know I’m not alone with the thoughts I’ve said. Frustration from our experience with this animal lead to this advice. Take it or leave it, I have nothing more to say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!