Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 45 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #441
Snakesitter
LOL!!

Old 07-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #442
Snakesitter
Awwww!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #443
cguarino30
Another feeding:

All holdbacks were fed quail chicks, except H4 who was fed a thigh and a quail chick head.

E2, N2, and N4 were fed unscented small pinkies.

T3 was fed an unscented fuzzie.

T4, N1, and N3 were fed 2 chick thighs each.

I'll update in the morning with results.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #444
MK Morphs
Thanks for the update Chris! My baby #1 took an unscented pink for its most recent meal, and #2 finally ate a chick thigh for me when my feeders arrived!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #445
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Morphs View Post
Thanks for the update Chris! My baby #1 took an unscented pink for its most recent meal, and #2 finally ate a chick thigh for me when my feeders arrived!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Glad to hear your babies are eating. Out of my whole litter from last year, only three wouldn't start on chick thighs, so it's a pretty solid starter food. In addition, all of my yearling holdbacks were fed chick thighs exclusively until they were old enough for quail chicks, so it's also clearly sufficient health-wise.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #446
MK Morphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
Glad to hear your babies are eating. Out of my whole litter from last year, only three wouldn't start on chick thighs, so it's a pretty solid starter food. In addition, all of my yearling holdbacks were fed chick thighs exclusively until they were old enough for quail chicks, so it's also clearly sufficient health-wise.
After #2 eats thighs more consistently I'm going to try switching to pinks. But on the other hand, I now have 100 chicks in my freezer... at least my other snakes will enjoy the snack!

Old 07-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #447
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Morphs View Post
After #2 eats thighs more consistently I'm going to try switching to pinks. But on the other hand, I now have 100 chicks in my freezer... at least my other snakes will enjoy the snack!
Totally keeper's choice. I added some info on switching foods to the updated care sheet, so if you haven't read it since the update, I'd recommend looking through again. Best of luck.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #448
cguarino30
Not too bad of a night. E3, H5, and H6 all ate. H2 and H3 did not. H4 ate the thigh but not the quail head. Since H3 is a male who has been established on quail chicks for a while, I'm a little less concerned, but with H2 and H4 being females who are a little smaller, I might send them back to thighs for a while.

E2 and N4 took another unscented pinkie, as did T3 as usual.

T4 ate one of the two chick thighs offered, and N1 and N3 both ate two.

N2 did not eat the unscented pinkie. I think I will go back to a combo for him, just to make sure he's not going too long without food.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #449
Snakesitter
LOL "combo." Maybe you need to add a toy surprise? ;-)

Great, highly detailed report as always. Thank you!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #450
cguarino30
Feeding day again.

E3, H3, H5, and H6 were fed quail chicks. H2 was fed a quail chick and a thigh, H4 was just fed three quail chicks.

E2 and N4 were fed unscented pinkies, and T3 was fed an unscented fuzzie. I'll probably start trying to upgrade E2 and N4 to fuzzies gradually. I've noticed that small pinkies are more likely to be taken early on even by snakes that can handle significantly larger items, so now that these two are getting more established on unscented rodents, I'll start making the gradual increase in size.

N2 was offered a pinkie and a thigh.

N1, N3, and T4 were fed chick thighs.

I'll update tomorrow with results.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!