Tragic Day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-02-2006, 02:51 AM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Tragic Day

I don't even know why I am posting this here at this time, I guess I just can't sleep and I felt that the many of you who sent thoughts and prayers my Mothers way should be informed.

My mother passed away this evening, she was 57 years old.

It came as a shock to us all, her recovery was going well, things were looking good, in fact, we fully expected her to be out of the ICU in the next couple of days. She was doing so well that my fiance and I returned to our home some 3 hours away, we were just getting settled when we got the call to come back, mom was having problems and the family were all called in. We never made it back in time to see her and received the call while on the highway that she had passed away. No idea what happened as of yet, though indications are that it was a blood-clot.

Folks, a little about my mom. You will never in your life meet a person so caring, so concerned about those around her, a real imp with an amazing sense of humor and a mind that was often in the gutter. She loved life and her and my father were very happily enjoying their retirement, they were both very active and rarely stayed in the same spot for very long. She had a killer smile and a gleam in her eye at all times. She will be missed by us all and everyone she had touched in her life, one that ended way before it ever should have.

I want to thank you all again for your messages and thought and prayers during her recovery, and ask you to continue to send those positive vibrations our way as we say farewell to our Mother.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:14 AM   #2
A_Kendergirl
OMG! I'm so sorry Cory!! Things sounded like they were looking up and I was really hoping the next post you would write was to say she was coming home.

I am glad that she was awake and responding during Christmas, and that you had a fat tail hatch during that time. I hope she got to see it (at least a photo). I know she was looking forward to it.

I am really at a loss for words right now. I'll leave you with this wish... As your herp family gave you strength and joy while she was in recovery from the accident, I hope that they will do the same for you now. Lose yourself in your fiance and the herps - they are there to give you the love and support you need.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
KelliH
Cory,

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. It is so very. very hard to lose someone we love. The pain we feel will always be there, that is the price we pay for love. However, with the support of family and good friends, the intensity is supposed to lessen over time.

Your mom sounds like such a fantastic person. I will be sending my positive thoughts to her, and will say a prayer for you and your family tonight.

If you ever need to talk, be it about geckos or anything else, do not hesitate to call.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
Manhattan Herps
i dont even know what to say...other than i am so sorry this has happened, she sounded like she was one amazing woman, i will email you when i can start thinking clearly again..

again i am so very sorry..

Old 01-02-2006, 04:57 AM   #5
LadyGecko
Cory- I am so very sorry to hear of your loss
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
Sandy

Old 01-02-2006, 05:07 AM   #6
Dan Lubinsky
Cory, we're very sorry and shocked to hear about your Mom. You have a rough road for awhile but time will be your friend and thank God for your beautiful wife and little one to help ease the pain. You will see that the way your outlook on life and everything else around you changes is a gift from your Mom in her passing to that next phase.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 AM   #7
Lucille
I am so very sorry; she sounds like she was a truly lovely person.
Y'all are in my prayers.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #8
Art Klass
I am sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
techgirl
cory i am so sorry for your loss. your mom sounded like an incredible person. may the support of your loved ones and friends help you cope with everything that must be done. i offer my heartfelt condolences and prayers to you.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #10
paulv
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
All the memories of her will help you through this difficult time.

regards

Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!