Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 52 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #256
Dennis Hultman
Attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PKG_Services_Application.pdf (38.7 KB, 189 views)

Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #257
cobravenom
Appreciate that link!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #258
cobravenom
Ok after over an hour and a half of reading through this thread I am at the end. I have my application filled out and am ready to send off my test box but have a few questions that were not fully addressed as of yet to my knowledge.
1. Who is Daniel at Scales? I am assuming this is a website that shipping supplies are available.
2. What are the specifics of shipping a reptile? I got a pair of kings last winter shipped to my door in a small box marked perishable and arrows pointing up. FedEx Priority Overnight 3 pounds. 1 heat pack 2 snakes individually bagged in cloth. Shredded newspaper and styrofoam peanuts all surrounded by thin styrofoam sheets. Is this what the test lab expects because obviously it worked well from Florida to Oklahoma in the snow.
3. When I go to ship do I just take my box up to the nearest FedEx office, walk up to the counter, and tell them I need this box to go across the U.S. NOW?
I have never shipped anything in my life so please do not respond as if I am an idiot as tempting as it may be. I have wanted to ship reptiles for years but never wanted to do it illegally, but finally I can ship out my captive bred reptiles with a bit of help from experienced breeders/shippers. Thank you in advance for your help!
Heath

Old 03-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #259
The BoidSmith
Heath,

There's a thread in the shipping forum describing in detail how to ship reptiles. Good information. The lab expects you to send them the box exactly as if you were sending your snakes (except for the heat packs!). You can send your box inside another one for additional protection. As far as the shipping itself we don't have a FedEx shipping station in town, just the trucks that will stop by their pick-up spots at a stated time. That works perfect for us because we pick the last spot before they ride to the airport, thus minimizing the time the animals are in transit. Otherwise you just walk to the counter and fill out the form for sending packages. Make sure you specify priority overnight delivery by marking the right box. The employee at the office can help you out. Be prepared as some employees might not like to have a box with snakes at their office waiting for the pick-up truck. Try to pick up a time for drop-off when there's not a lot of people at the counter. You will be authorized but the other customers around you don't know about it.

Good luck.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #260
Gecko_Den
Have you signed up yet for your FedEx account online? That's the first step, then contact your rep. As Dan said pack up a box just like you were going to ship, minus the snake of course. SCALES went out of business but you can order shipping supplies here http://www.superiorenterprise.com

Once you and your acct have spoken and he is ready for you to ship the test box take it to the FedEx location, send it 2nd day, bill recipient, and they will pick up the tab. Once you get the test results back forward the e-mail/info to your rep. He will then contact the legal department and they will draw up a contract for you to sign and fax back to the rep. After that it takes a few days to complete the process.

Once you are certified and ready to ship you can print out the label on your PC and have the box packed and ready to go. I drop mine off at the FedEx staffed location, others just have the truck pick them up at their house/business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver