Inquiry Precision Reptile Labs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
KNOBTAIL
Precision Reptile Labs

Does anyone know anything about these people. I am always concerned when I see this included in their ad on Kingsnake "All reptiles are told they are loved and usually given a kiss and pre-shipping “pep talk” prior to being packed." They are so sure of the quality of their monitors that they include this as well " All claims must be made within 4 hours of delivery, " This just does not make any sense.. Help would be appreciated in knowing who these people are before I consider this purchase !

Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Precision Reptile Labs
whats your problem with a little reptile love? Your a South Florida Local, just ask around at the local joints about me and you will get all the reviews you need. Only quality reptiles and superior customer service at PRL. By the way 4 hr DOA report is customary. Perhaps your reptiles can use a kiss as well:-)

Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
simplechamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
Does anyone know anything about these people. I am always concerned when I see this included in their ad on Kingsnake "All reptiles are told they are loved and usually given a kiss and pre-shipping “pep talk” prior to being packed." They are so sure of the quality of their monitors that they include this as well " All claims must be made within 4 hours of delivery, " This just does not make any sense.. Help would be appreciated in knowing who these people are before I consider this purchase !
What concerns you about the kiss and pep talk thing? Do you see it as unprofessional? Seems like a little harmless humor to me.

IMO the 4 hour claim doesn't seem unreasonable. Many sellers do that so they know the box wasn't left out on a hot/cold porch for hours. What do you think the time limit should be?

Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
KNOBTAIL
Exclamation Nothing to get upset

about, I think 4 hours is not satisfactory as a prerequisite for accepting any animal.. If that is your terms then so be it..

I think any buyer should beware under those circumstances regardless of what you are offering. I checked around as well and most people offer a more reasonable length of time.

If the consignee was not there to accept the shipment when it arrived, then that would be a different story, but in my opinion, if the quality of the animal is as you claim it is, and shipping is as good as you claim, then you should have no problem in possibly considering a 24 hour live delivery guarantee as a minimum amount of time for acceptance then wiggling your way out of a commitment in 4 hours..

Its your TOS, do what you want.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
about, I think 4 hours is not satisfactory as a prerequisite for accepting any animal.. If that is your terms then so be it..

you should have no problem in possibly considering a 24 hour live delivery guarantee as a minimum amount of time for acceptance then wiggling your way out of a commitment in 4 hours..
The two statements above are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I have, in my TOS, a seven day guarantee but I also state that any problems with the shipment, including DOA's, must be communicated within 2 hours. As someone else stated, that is to prevent an animal from sitting out in the heat somewhere. I have also had people have a friend or relative bring a package inside but not open it for extended periods of time.

You would really need to see their full TOS before making a determination

I would be much more concerned about the "Not responsible for Carrier Error" statement in their ad. That has always been a deal breaker for me. IMHO, the animals belongs to the seller until it is safely in the buyer's hands. The other one that turns me off is "Live Arrival Guaranteed if Temps are Betweeen 40 and 85 at all points in shipment" If you are not comfortable as a seller shipping in certain temps then don't.

Other than a stipulation that someone has to be there to sign for the delivery, there should be no conditions on a live arrival guarantee.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
charleshanklin
Your a South Florida Local, just ask around at the local joints about me and you will get all the reviews you need.

Do you do the local reptile shows? I have been down here my whole life and I don't recall running into you anywhere. I have also lived in Boynton and I have done the local shows for about 12 years. Who should we ask about you?What do you breed?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
Precision Reptile Labs
You should ask Local Reptile dealers such as Underground Reptiles, Strictly Reptiles etc. Yes i do all the local shows as well as National shows. I breed Alot of animals mainly now focusing on GTP's and Panther Chameleons.

You sound quite condescending in your reply which i don't appreciate. You have "done" what shows? Whats your business name? Who do you know? I feel i am under interrogation. My reptiles and service speak for themselves.

I also feel Fauna does a great job of bashing businesses over isolated occurrences and not overall quality in this "board of Inquiry"

Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Reptile Labs View Post
You should ask Local Reptile dealers such as Underground Reptiles, Strictly Reptiles etc. Yes i do all the local shows as well as National shows. I breed Alot of animals mainly now focusing on GTP's and Panther Chameleons.

You sound quite condescending in your reply which i don't appreciate. You have "done" what shows? Whats your business name? Who do you know? I feel i am under interrogation. My reptiles and service speak for themselves.

I also feel Fauna does a great job of bashing businesses over isolated occurrences and not overall quality in this "board of Inquiry"

Jerry I don't think Charles or anyone else is out to bash you at all. You mentioned that the locals would know you and provide references if asked. Charles was merely inquiring as to whom to ask. I have been in the industry in Florida since the early 90's and do not remember ever hearing your business or personal name before either. Coupled with the fact that your Kingsnake account is less than a month old....his question was entirely reasonable.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
Precision Reptile Labs
Never said it was unreasonable, just not asked inquired in the fashion i prefer. I have worked with Rain Gittman and the Vannostran Family for over 15 years. This is why i frown on inquiry considering my experience. Not trying to ruffle any feathers i just didn't like how i was questioned about being a local!!! My business has been International/wholesale primarily and i am now exposing our company to mainstream US ads. If there is anything further i can do to further enhance my "credibility" to you fellas, let me know.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
Precision Reptile Labs
Bottom line is we love reptiles and our company is at the forefront of captive propagation both domestically and globally.
We let our quality speak for its self.
Not some "inquiry forum" to speak on our behalf.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!