Hogweina - 06 western - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #1
Tula_Montage
Hogweina - 06 western

Shes quite the imfamous little thing on CS.com

She started off a great feeder, then for 2 months we went through non feeder hell...

Now (4 months later) shes quadrupled her body weight (from 11 grams to over 40) and eating anything from 8-10 pinks or 2 BIG fuzzies at a time.

When I first got her:

Present day Hogweina:

Old 01-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Wilomn
I hate to break it to you, but it looks like you've got a hogweinER there. The girls have REALLY short stubby tails and that one looks pretty long.

Sometimes when they're hatchlings it's really hard to tell who is who. I know this from experiance. I've got two extra males that I would have SWORN were girls when they hatched. I didn't bother looking agian until they were two years old and both are most assuredly males.

Still a nice looking snake.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Tula_Montage
Well... I assumed she was male upon hatching. THEN I probed HER I also got a second opinion by getting a pal to probe her too. And at the rate shes growing, theres no way shes a boy

Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage
Well... I assumed she was male upon hatching. THEN I probed HER I also got a second opinion by getting a pal to probe her too. And at the rate shes growing, theres no way shes a boy
I'll bet you a pair of babies it's a boy. I breed those guys too and I'm fairly certian that's a boy.

Not that it matters, they're all cool pets. I just think that's a boy tail.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #5
jpatino
Wes could you post an example of the female tail as i have one that looks just like that and i thought it was a girl also. thanks

jpatino

Old 01-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I'll bet you a pair of babies it's a boy. I breed those guys too and I'm fairly certian that's a boy.

Not that it matters, they're all cool pets. I just think that's a boy tail.
Shes no pet :-p Shes got a date for 08 if she gets to size.

I FIRMLY believe that just looking at tail length cannot be accurate in any way. I have had male corns with shot stubby tails and females with HUGE tales.

The facts are she has been probed twice and PROVEN female. The second time we used an adult male as comparison as it was a demonstration to someone who had never probed. The results were as they should be - when probing her it stoped very quick (we tried both sides to be sure), when probing the male it went in just under an inch.

When should I expect my two babies ?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
Razaiel
Congratulations - it's a girl :)

At least that's what I think too - I have a female who is 3ft and a wee bit long and she has the characteristic female long tail. Mine's would-be boy partner has a short stubby tail (and is only just under a couple of feet).

LOVE her name BTW - and notice you're in the UK too

Old 02-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Wilomn
Hmmm, I meant to respond sooner and forgot.

My adults are still cooling but when I pull them up I'll get pics and post them, probably another month or so.

I don't know about overseas shipping but if I lose I'd be willing to donate a pair or give them to a friend of yours over here. Would you be willing to do the same?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!