Photos and price should be mandatory. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Argonz123
Photos and price should be mandatory.

I’d like to know why it’s not mandatory for people to post pictures and prices along with their classified ads in sales. I’m sure many don’t inquire about a particular animal if no pics or price is posted....It’s annoying to not see pics or price in sale posts.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
WebSlave
It is not mandatory because SOMEONE would have to spend their time enforcing that rule. If some members really don't care about selling their animals enough to provide that information, then that is their problem when they don't get any sales.

Personally I never look twice at any ads for anything that don't include photos and a price. If that is someone's strategy for soliciting sales, then more power to them.

My advice to you is to just ignore such ads, and perhaps make note of who doesn't provide that info and not bother to even glance at their ads in the future. Perhaps they will catch the hint eventually.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #3
Argonz123
Sounds good...Thats exactly what I’ll do.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
If some members really don't care about selling their animals enough to provide that information, then that is their problem when they don't get any sales.

Personally I never look twice at any ads for anything that don't include photos and a price.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Lucille
I count myself lucky when I scroll on by those kinds of ads, because many times it is a scammer that doesn't post a picture, because there is no actual animal.
Plus, these days buyers are savvy, and will check out posted photos or even better, know the market so well that they can actually recognize some animals and know who they belong to. An advertiser can escape this scrutiny by not posting their infringed pictures of someone else's animal publicly in an ad, but rather try to pass the photos off privately.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
bcr229
If there is no price then I figure I either can't afford it, the seller is a scammer, or the seller really isn't in a hurry to sell.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:07 AM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
As the others have mentioned, not including photographs and not including pricing becomes a matter of negative seller self-selection. I have occasionally bought from people who have not included one or both of these, but it definitely hampers sales in general to not have this kind of information immediately available to serious buyers. I ignore such ads more often than not. I know that when I place my ads, I want photographic representation and pricing to be very clear so that I save both myself and prospective customers from wasting time (which respects myself and respects others by doing so). With modern electronic devices, almost everyone using the internet to place ads has a camera of some kind that can capture passable images of an animal being listed. For pricing, one might as well get things out of the way to select for seriously interested parties in advance (and select against "dreamers" who have beluga tastes on a tarama budget if you are dealing in the pricey stuff). Other conveniences offered in an ad might be information regarding the current diet (not what it can eat, but what it is eating), individual-specific behavioral notes, significant points regarding lineage, health history, and so on. As a buyer, I want all of that to the extent it is capable of being known and shared, but the images and pricing are especially critical. As a seller, I like to select my buyers as well, so I consciously limit my energy burn on explaining care and urge people to gain/have an idea of what is needed before they reach out. That means they spend time reading up independently and not expect some canned guide (which is often either myopically constrained by false authorities or outright ignored anyway). If a person does not have the initiative to form some kind of decent foundation via time spent reading around before grabbing at an animal, I do not want to sell to that person. I do not want to send my animals to a person who will spend a lot of money yet will spend no time.

It also depends on the type of seller. If a person is primarily into the wholesale game, either as a breeder or in association with a larger multi-species wholesale house/business, he/she often has a list which is strong on pricing details and weak on photos. Serious boutique breeders and resellers are more likely to devote the energy to getting better information to prospective customers in the hope that the time invested up front leads to a better signal-to-noise ratio from more serious buyers. While some guys are plainly lazy with pricing and photos, others do not really understand what goes into advertising and assume magical market response is simply owed to them for some reason. These guys tend to complain a lot when weak ads lead to weak sales, but that is their own fault.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!