Broken feeders and torn bags and no help from the place I got them - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:17 PM   #11
Neil Gubitz
Anthony.... In all honesty, I was NOT attacking YOU personally.... I was spouting off to EVERYONE, simply because (as you said), I'm more familiar with this site than most, and it just gets to me sometimes when people (in general) don't read the rules before they post??.... Had you put this thread on THIS part of the site initially.... you wouldn't have heard word one from me, except if I knew something about frozen stuff.... I really DO apologize if you took it personally (like I had some sort of vendetta against you, or something.... I've never done business with you, or even spoke to you, for that matter, well, as far as I can remember).... that was NOT my intention.... it's like when the kids keep saying.... "Are we there yet?, are we there yet?, are we there yet?.... eventually, MOST people are going to explode???.... no matter how many times the webslave, or I, or the other moderators, or the other people who frequent this site, try to explain to the "newbies" of the proper way to post.... Full names, no cursing, mention the person or firm you're complaining about (on the BOI only for that one).... it seems that nobody ever listens???.... Then, when one of us points it out, the original poster gets all up in arms because we are pointing out his mistake.... over and over and over again???.... whether you like me or not, that's not the point.... I'm in this for the GOOD of the WHOLE herp community.... when I see something that is wrong, I WILL point it out.... but, you're right.... as MANY people on this site know.... I can get pretty juvenile at times, and sometimes it's to MY detriment.... but, I don't care about THAT, either???.... There are MANY, MANY people that have emailed me telling me I'm doing the right thing by sounding off at times.... and those people actually BUY from me.... and, if you remember correctly, I never called you any names.... I just asked if you had the "guts"??.... then YOU come back on with all the name-calling???.... what does that say about you??.... but, I don't care about that either??
All I've ever tried to do (in my own way), was to HELP the herping community with sound advice (most of the time), a very helpful attitude and common courtesy (again, MOST of the time).... What I said in my initial post was for the benefit of us ALL.... certainly not just for me???
In any case.... I AM sorry if you took what I said as a personal attack.... you just happened to be there.... It really wouldn't have mattered WHO wrote that post, I would have said the same things.... and I WOULD HAVE said them right to their faces had they been here.... I don't hide behind any computer with my thoughts, I have a retail store, so anybody can come in and say hi, and I'm all over the internet, with my name, address, email addy, and phone number.... I put my money where my mouth is.... I will NEVER run and hide.... be it good or bad.... basically, I'm JUST LIKE YOU!! (from what you say??).... right??
Please accept my sincere apology, Anthony???
By the way you came back at me.... we could PROBABLY be VERY GOOD FRIENDS!!.... I LIKE THAT in a person! (again.... MOST of the time!.... lol)

....Neil

Old 01-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #12
Ken Harbart
Quote:
He basically called him out, how did you expect ajc to respond.
In a mature, rational manner, and not the childishness that he set forth. Is it to much to ask that people act their age?

That being said, I tend to agree that an apology from Neil was warranted. However, the issue of owed apologies is a two-way street. Anthony was just as much in the wrong for the garbage that he posted in response to Neil's tirade.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:55 PM   #13
Neil Gubitz
Ahhh.... Ken, no wonder you're a moderator.... so wise for your years!!.... lol

To be honest, I really don't think Anthony owes ME an apology for anything he said.... If he took it personally, then I would EXPECT him to call me an idiot!.... I don't blame him one bit???.... lol

....Neil

Old 01-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #14
ajc
Neil,

After the way I cut loose on you, I don't think that you owe me any kind of an apology whatsoever. What I said about you was basically taking a stab in the dark to get under your skin, which was very juvenile of me. I am just not a morning person, especially on Monday mornings when I have to go to work with a cold. lol Trust me, I know I can be an evil bastard when I am cranky...especially when someone pushes my buttons. For that, I apologize.

I honestly didn't know that you had to post the business in question's name, or I would've just waited. I just figured the "BOI" was THE place to ask a question like that. The reason I say I would've waited is because to be honest, I have the "BOI" bookmarked, and I didn't even realize that this part of the fauna classifieds existed.

But, no...there's no hard feelings here. I'm not the type to hold a grudge when someone's trying to make good on something they've said or done. I grew up in a typical 2nd generation Italian family, so when someone takes a shot at you, you just take one back at them and then tomorrow you both forget about the whole thing. Sounds fun, huh?

Old 01-20-2003, 08:08 PM   #15
Neil Gubitz
Anthony.... Piece of cake, dude!.... Remember.... I'm originally from NEW YORK!!!.... You don't think *I* know Italians on Monday mornings???.... hahahaha

90% of my BEST FRIENDS are Italian (and being Jewish, we're not that far apart)!!.... You're part of the "LA COSA NOSTRA".... while I'm part of the "LA KOSHER NOSTRA"!!.... lmao

APOLOGY ACCEPTED!!

See??.... NOW you can buy from me!!!.... hahaha

....Neil

Old 01-20-2003, 08:17 PM   #16
Darin Chappell
The newly found love-fest aside . . .

As I previously stated in one of the deleted posts, I have had feeders shipped with dry ice, and some of the animals have been split open. Heads and tails are easily snapped off when trying to separate them. However, I have found this to be a fairly rare, and only slightly inconvenient, situation with which to deal.

Hope that helps --

Old 01-21-2003, 03:11 PM   #17
gila7150
In my opinion, the condition of the order you received was unacceptable and the company needs to make it right. If they are unwilling to fix the situation, I think a post on the BOI is warranted.
However, make sure that you give them a chance to do the right thing first. Do you have a phone # to contact them? If not email them again and give them a week to respond. A good business should check their email frequently and respond asap but give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they will choose to take care of the problem.
Good luck,
Chris Raden

Old 01-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #18
ajc
The company made right on it and even offered to pay for the freezer bags that I went and bought. I told them to just reimburse me on my next order and we'll call it even.

Old 01-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #19
Kevin Kaley
Glad everything worked out for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!